Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Good stuff, and if you have never tried it you must do so.
Has a great flavor with Carmel flavor back tones.
Can taste the smoke in the wood used to age it.
Has a nice small burn with good aftertaste.
Perfect on the rocks with a stogie.

44.JPG

Reactions: 3x and sjhebb

sjhebb

The Mean Peen Fat Seducing Chilling Machine
Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2020
Kennesaw, GA
Zip code
DFAE214C-701E-428A-9F78-0129F10C4FAD.jpeg
High West Rendezvous Rye - This was the highest rated whiskey on the the Bourbon page of Reddit. I bought this from a local liquor store called Dawson Fine Wine and Spirits for about $70. It is very smooth and flavorful, and I do recommend it, but I’d say the quality doesn’t meet the price. I can get whiskeys just as enjoyable as this for much less. Don’t get me wrong, it is a fine whiskey. I’m looking for to also trying the High West Campfire blended whiskey.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
View attachment 116037
High West Rendezvous Rye - This was the highest rated whiskey on the the Bourbon page of Reddit. I bought this from a local liquor store called Dawson Fine Wine and Spirits for about $70. It is very smooth and flavorful, and I do recommend it, but I’d say the quality doesn’t meet the price. I can get whiskeys just as enjoyable as this for much less. Don’t get me wrong, it is a fine whiskey. I’m looking for to also trying the High West Campfire blended whiskey.
I find the High West Double Rye to be a good daily drinker for much less. And they have a Double Rye Barrel Select that is between the Double Rye & Rendezvous Rye in terms of price. When I had the money, I found it to be a better choice than the Rendezvous Rye, which I agree with you is good but priced too high.

sjhebb

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2020
Kennesaw, GA
Zip code
4202409A-3F16-4CC6-8508-DF2F8D63C5BC.jpeg
Two Stars Bourbon - This is not my picture, but this is my go to bourbon. This bourbon comes from the Sazerac Company who are also known for Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Blanton’s, 1792, and are also involved in the much sought after Pappy Van Winkle. This bourbon may not blow you away until you hear its price: this sells for $19 a bottle, and I have seen it on sale for $17. The caveat being that I believe you can only get this as Total Wine stores, and even then, you can only get it at Total Wine stores that offer spirits. I’d rate this bourbon as equivalent or even better than Maker’s Mark. It has a great flavor, and a smoothness that is unparalleled at its price point considering its direct competition is Evan Williams or Jim Beam. You can also get a 1.75 liter bottle for about $40. If you haven’t tried this, I consider this a must have.

sjhebb

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2020
Kennesaw, GA
Zip code
BCDD5D66-61D2-4B70-B71E-D1EC4B37F5DE.jpeg
Evan Williams and Jim Beam - It is January 2018. I’m staying at a Days Inn near Augusta, GA. I’m working a job that requires me to work outside, alone, in the middle of the night (one of the reasons I started carrying regularly). It’s 1:00AM and foggy. I’m working in the middle of the road near a haunted single wide trailer (@Bigigloopt2 knows). I’m making well above minimum wage, but still not enough to afford AOC feet pics after an honest day’s work. I make it back to the hotel. I have nothing to wake up for in the morning, but I have a 2 liter of John Pemberton’s Sweet Dixie Champagne, and a fifth of Evan Williams/Jim Beam (which one it actually was doesn’t matter). I finish half the bottle in about 30 minutes while listening to the greatest hits of Billy Joel. In that moment, alone in the hotel room with suspiciously sticky carpet, I am there in piano bar talking to Davy who’s still in the Navy. I’m in love with an uptown girl. I didn’t start the fire, and for the longest time, it’s still rock and roll to me. Yeah, it’s objectively not good bourbon, but we all stand on the shoulders of giants.

sjhebb

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2020
Kennesaw, GA
Zip code
View attachment 116051
Evan Williams and Jim Beam - It is January 2018. I’m staying at a Days Inn near Augusta, GA. I’m working a job that requires me to work outside, alone, in the middle of the night (one of the reasons I started carrying regularly). It’s 1:00AM and foggy. I’m working in the middle of the road near a haunted single wide trailer (@Bigigloopt2 knows). I’m making well above minimum wage, but still not enough to afford AOC feet pics after an honest day’s work. I make it back to the hotel. I have nothing to wake up for in the morning, but I have a 2 liter of John Pemberton’s Sweet Dixie Champagne, and a fifth of Evan Williams/Jim Beam (which one it actually was doesn’t matter). I finish half the bottle in about 30 minutes while listening to the greatest hits of Billy Joel. In that moment, alone in the hotel room with suspiciously sticky carpet, I am there in piano bar talking to Davy who’s still in the Navy. I’m in love with an uptown girl. I didn’t start the fire, and for the longest time, it’s still rock and roll to me. Yeah, it’s objectively not good bourbon, but we all stand on the shoulders of giants.
BDEECC0F-068A-46D4-9494-27C129158F09.jpeg
If anyone was curious, this was the haunted trailer mentioned in my last post.

Reactions: 3x and Grunk

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Got this from my secret santa...

IMG_4356.JPG

I'll be the first to admit I'm not a rye kinda guy but this stuff is good!