Where has Mayo been?

Howard Law

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Have not seen Mayo posting lately. Any one heard from him? Hope is is doing OK.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I see that he logged on yesterday.....

Hopefully the next time he logs in he'll see this thread and let us know whuzzup....

R

rayzer007

Pretty soon Skip is going to be the "Total Moderator" instead of "Global Moderator". We have a few M.I.A.'s

Ray

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
Well, been busy. Finished a book and sent it to my editor. Fate, undetermined at this point. And, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

As an eminent urologist once wrote, "If you are over seventy and don't have prostate cancer, you are a woman."
Seriously. Anyway, being a mite over seventy, I qualify as male.

It's not an emergency, although some folks might think so. I am basically ok and keeping an eye on things. I started a blog to follow my experiences and what I learn along the way. If you are interested its at: amanandhiscancer.blogspot.com

I plan to participate more in the future.

Maybe I'll get a new holster or two…

Mayo.
iPhone & Tapatalk

M

mukwah

Get well soon Mayo! Our prayers are with you!

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Mayo, I had the radioactive seeds inplanted. And my prostrate cancer is GONE. Good luck and get well soon.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Sorry to hear of you health issues, but as you posted pretty common. I hope they don't have to do anything, but when/if they do that they knock it out with little issue.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Glad to hear that they caught this thing early Mayo. I guess you could look at this as good luck. What book are you writing?

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
RICHGCOOP said:
Mayo, I had the radioactive seeds inplanted. And my prostrate cancer is GONE. Good luck and get well soon.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk
Rich,

A close friend also had the seed implants and he is doing fine too. I might go that way, but I have a lot of research and discussion ahead before I decide on anything. From what I hear, that's the best choice. Wasn't available a few years back, so new treatments and meds are coming on line all the time.

Thanks from another cancer survivor. As one PC survivor said, if you have been diagnosed, you're still alive, you are a survivor.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
My brother (four years younger than I am) had the radioactive seed treatment and his PSA numbers are near zero now.

I'm still having biopsies done every couple of years. So far, they've found nothing of interest but my PSA numbers have been quite high for nearly a decade.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Regular exams, PSA testing are the key. If found early the results are much better as you can do some type of treatment. I was diagnosed little over eight years ago at the age of 48 after a routine annual exam. My PSA was less than 1, but the doctor said the prostate had a little indention on it from the digital exam. Due to my relative young age it was recommended that I have the prostate removal surgery. I got several different opinions and all said get the surgery, including a renowned prostate Pathologist from Johns Hopkins. I had my biopsies review by several different doctors. My doc said there was no hurry as prostate cancer is very slow growing. After months of research I opted for the surgery. I had the robotic surgery and then had some complications a few days later and had to have emergency surgery to repair the first surgery. So I had both the open surgery and robotic. Fun times!

The result was they created a mad holster maker. Kind of like the mad scientist! Maybe we should change the name of the forum to the---Prostate Cancer Carry Forum! :D :D

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
To all you guys fighting the fight... Prayers and good thoughts. We all have the possibility of toughing this one out, but from what I hear the meds and procedures are getting better all the time. Best to all. C