Where Do You Buy Your Gear?

Faktory 47

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
Where do you buy your gear from? Online? Retail Storefront? Looking for quality gear at good prices from solid sources.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I buy as much as I can from amazon simply because of the 2 day shipping. LApolicegear.com has always been a good place with good prices too.

I wish there was a local store with a better selection of holsters and gear. As it is now I have to go to several different stores to ever find what I want.

saawy6

Scout
Aug 10, 2015
North Carolina
I always try to get hands on a piece of gear in the store, but then purchase online. This way I know what I'm buying, but I still save some money. If it's only a couple bucks difference then I'll just buy it in the store since I'm impatient and hate waiting on shipping.

Aug 12, 2015
Cincinnati, OH
I buy most of my gear on either Amazon (love being a prime member with free 2-day shipping) or if it is gun related, I only shop www.originalsoe.com. I currently have their microrig, single point sling, and edc cobra belt.

Also have a local REI I will go into every now and then for hiking supplies and what not.

Tbird1991

Hunter
Aug 12, 2015
Missouri
Zip code
I buy as much as I can from amazon simply because of the 2 day shipping. LApolicegear.com has always been a good place with good prices too.

I wish there was a local store with a better selection of holsters and gear. As it is now I have to go to several different stores to ever find what I want.
Amazon is simply amazing with the Prime shipping! They actually have quite a bit of quality accessories for firearms like Magpul, saw some RS Regulate products also and other manufacturers as well.

Tbird1991

Hunter
Aug 12, 2015
Missouri
Zip code
None of this is exclusive but where I've spent most of my money.

GEAR: SOE, NSR, and Amazon

AMMO: SGAmmo

GUN STUFF: BCM, Brownell's, RGuns, and Cirlce 10

Maybe some other places but these stick out in my mind.

Darkgiggles

Hunter
Aug 9, 2015
Dallas , Ga
I dont always buy gear but when i do its always from someone else ....lol .. But for real i have been getting my gear from old surplus stores

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
I buy everything online. There are almost no reputable serious gear dealers around. So I buy from SOE, AGS Armament, GreenForce Tactical and NSR Tactical.

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
I believe he was referring to the "no serious gear dealers around" since he owns a local gear store.

Don't own it. Just run it. And we agree with there being no hard use or really serious gear places. Understandably though, half the public doesn't want serious and you can't run a store just off the extreme. If your local check us out and always leave recommendations on gear. We love hearing about new stuff.

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
I don't mean necessarily "extreme" crazy expensive gear. Most of my outdoorsy type of gear is very inexpensive stuff. The places around here carry the widgets and gadgets, which I'm sure is what most people want to buy. When I think of buying quality gear for use outdoors I think of metal, nylon and wood in that order. Most things for sale around here are non full tang knives with an inaccurate compass filled tailcap, filled with fishing line that has creases where its bent and silly stuff like that. I am not a gear snob, I enjoy trying to make due with what most would consider "sub-par" gear. However, it would be nice if amongst the thousands of dollars worth of merchandise there would be a couple hard use items for sale.

Reactions: Patryn

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
I don't mean necessarily "extreme" crazy expensive gear. Most of my outdoorsy type of gear is very inexpensive stuff. The places around here carry the widgets and gadgets, which I'm sure is what most people want to buy. When I think of buying quality gear for use outdoors I think of metal, nylon and wood in that order. Most things for sale around here are non full tang knives with an inaccurate compass filled tailcap, filled with fishing line that has creases where its bent and silly stuff like that. I am not a gear snob, I enjoy trying to make due with what most would consider "sub-par" gear. However, it would be nice if amongst the thousands of dollars worth of merchandise there would be a couple hard use items for sale.

:thumbsup: