When did this happen??

GA Firing Line
H

Hoss

We have two new interns at the office. Both are the top of their class in their respective business schools. I wrote down some notes in a meeting and asked one of them to type it up for me. He brought it back and sais that they tried but neither of them know how to read cursive.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
We have two new interns at the office. Both are the top of their class in their respective business schools. I wrote down some notes in a meeting and asked one of them to type it up for me. He brought it back and sais that they tried but neither of them know how to read cursive.
Late 90's

Strider12

Sniper
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Atlanta
Zip code
I can't write cursive and I'm a college grad, lol.

blueknight8

the.... IN...master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
stockbridge ga
right after 1999 . i was pissed because i was part of the last year that had to know it ...

blueknight8

the.... IN...master
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
stockbridge ga
are they in their early 20s ???

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I remember cursive...I never use it.

H

Hoss

I honestly had no idea. These two are in their early 20's. My kids write in cursive in school still. Both can read and write it as well as printing.

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
As I was in my Junior and Sr years in high school (95-96), they dropped the "requirement" and they only required legibility. This was also at the same time that they were pushing computer use and word processing programs for papers and reports.

Perhaps the widespread implementation of computers in the schools caused the focus to shift from penmanship to knowledge of computers?