Whats your next purchase?

GA Firing Line

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
What are you going to purchase next?

I am really enjoying my pt-111 but if my future holds what I hope it will I will have to carry something larger framed in 9mm. So I am looking at buying another 9mm pistol for none-concealed.

But I am always looking at guns so I could purchase anything from now to then but what are you looking to purchase.

unclenunzie

Scout
Mar 7, 2010
SW Florida
Since moving to Florida last year I have been on a buying spree. As I look over my most recent buys, a can't say what next will come home with me but the trend seems to be old steel pocket pistols. So I think if I turn up any little mechanical marvels in the sub caliber range that is where I will be. The gun pawn shops around here are evil.... they pull me in to see what has been put up for adoption.

In larger guns of 9mm flavor I may yet get a HK VP9.... or if Kimber's new 6-round revolver shows itself worthy I may pony up for one of them... speaking of ponies, I don't own any actual colts..... hmmm......

poisonivy

Semper-fi
Dec 3, 2014
Smoky Mtns, N.C.
Well, Mama says I gots-tah sell one before getting 'tuther!!! How do you sell one of your children!!!!! But.....I would like a c/c revolver in long-colt. Taurus made one, I think a M45. I don't want the Judge or a S&W Defender, just a smallish revolver in Long Colt. Just because!!! Semper-fi. Mike

Reactions: 3 people

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
My gun budget is kinda flat, but I feel the need for a .45acp. Or build my second AR. Or a nicer trap gun. Or.........

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
Wow Rich, that is a beaut! Looks like it's a handfull. I'd like to shoot that.
I do like the feel of .45acp in a 1911 though.

Kennydale

Hunter
Oct 22, 2013
Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
Im kind of spent out till next year. This year home improvements take priority. But the minute I can free up about $1000.00 it will be an AR-15 (Before you can't own them any longer)

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
I want an AR type rifle so bad, but the ones I can find are over priced around here so likely will be online purchase.

Aimless1

Woodsman
Jan 20, 2013
NW Iowa
I assembled an AR last year from a PSA kit and a stripped lower for about $450 before optics. I have a couple more stripped lowers in the safe, so as soon as I can I'll be doing another.
It's fun and easy to put one together, and I saved a couple hundred over the same rifle assembled from PSA ($699).
I still want a .45acp tho, but I'm afraid the current political climate will dictate my next purchase....

Indigowolf

John
Jun 8, 2012
New Hampshire
Zip code
Having recently picked up a S&W 2214 that had been on my want list a Loooong time the playing field has narrowed... Actually I had gone into the LGS to buy a Charger when I spotted the 2214 in the case. Change of plans, priorities you know.
1. Thompson Center Scout Pistol ... preferably in 54cal. This one is at the top of the list as I'd like to have a heavy caliber handgun to hunt with should the oportunity arise.
2. Ruger Charger ... fun factor
3. Older 1911 in need of a rebuild ... project gun, I used to have a series 70 Combat Commander that I had gone through. It was unwisely traded off. I'd like one to hold on to.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Probably a second AR-15, as the one I have is lonely. After that, a Glock 19 with plenty of 15-round magazines. I picked up six more 30-round mags for my AR last Saturday. I'm also thinking about getting a AK-47. My goal is to get all the stuff "they" don't want me to have.

R

rayzer007

Probably a second AR-15, as the one I have is lonely. After that, a Glock 19 with plenty of 15-round magazines. I picked up six more 30-round mags for my AR last Saturday. I'm also thinking about getting a AK-47. My goal is to get all the stuff "they" don't want me to have.

If you ever want to move to Lackawanna, NY Sarge, I'd love to have you as my next door neighbor! :D
And Rich Coop on the other side!

Ray

BubbaDX

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I never know what my next firearm will be. I tend to just buy what I like when the moment is right. I've bought many of rifles just because I liked it. As for what I want to buy next, I think I want a Keltec Sub2000 Gen2. I like the idea of being able to put an optic on it and still fold it up small enough to fit into a backpack. There is a lot of value in having a carbine length firearm at times when you are away from home, even if it's a 9mm. There is a lot of hate for Keltec and they do make some crap. But man do they come up with an occasional winner and I think the Sub2000 Gen2 could be it, as long as they have ironed out the issues from the Gen1 models.

Reactions: 2 people