Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Edelweiss near Garmisch-Partenkirchen

but I'd love to go to all those parks in that link....As soon as my daughter is old enough to make the trip I want to take her and my wife to the Grand Canyon; she's never been.

Reactions: Laufen and Red Dawn

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I always enjoyed hiking and camping out in Tallulah Gorge. Back in the early 90's I had a group of friends that I went with just about every other weekend. Usually we would hike up or down the gorge. One time we hiked down to the power plant and snuck in to peek around. A couple of the maintenance guys were working on a turbine and we introduced ourselves and got a little tour. Better than getting thrown in jail. Our favorite camping spot was 2 stages up from the sliding rock (this is where the trail from the tower left from when Walenda walked the gorge comes down) on a little sandbar behind a huge bolder. There was a nice sized pool as well. I would set up my hammock and sleep like a baby. Ah, good times.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Reactions: Shemp

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
Edelweiss near Garmisch-Partenkirchen

but I'd love to go to all those parks in that link....As soon as my daughter is old enough to make the trip I want to take her and my wife to the Grand Canyon; she's never been.
Then you can rent some Democrats, and ride them down to the bottom of the Canyon:thumb:

Reactions: Shemp and Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I always enjoyed hiking and camping out in Tallulah Gorge. Back in the early 90's I had a group of friends that I went with just about every other weekend. Usually we would hike up or down the gorge. One time we hiked down to the power plant and snuck in to peek around. A couple of the maintenance guys were working on a turbine and we introduced ourselves and got a little tour. Better than getting thrown in jail. Our favorite camping spot was 2 stages up from the sliding rock (this is where the trail from the tower left from when Walenda walked the gorge comes down) on a little sandbar behind a huge bolder. There was a nice sized pool as well. I would set up my hammock and sleep like a baby. Ah, good times.
The Gorge looks like an awesome place to camp. I've got to put this high on the list and get over there soon.

http://www.gastateparks.org/TallulahGorge

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
1. Chamonix, especially if you're into skiing.

2. Gruyere - No cars allowed. 10th century castle with incredible views and an H.R. Geiger (Aliens set designer) Museum and Cafe. Talk about contrasting venues.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
In recent years our vacations have been more kid centered - Disney and the like. My most enjoyable adult vacation was a 4 day outing in West Yellowstone, Montana. We were based in a decent rustic Hotel in town, walking distance to good "mom and pop" restaurants. The snow was piled up to an average of 16' and our days were spent on snowmobiles, touring the Yellowstone Park and the surrounding countryside. The temp hung around a dry 5 degrees and tbe snow stayed powdery the entire trip. We covered 80-90 miles a day through some of the most awe inspiring territory I've ever seen, and barnstormed through the countryside, following the car free roads or diving into the open land on a whim. Exhilarating stuff.

Last edited:

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
When me and the wife travel we always try and stay at a b&b. They seem you usually yield the best results and you can always meet some different people

Nicaburns

Hunter
Jul 3, 2015
Zion National Park is little known but amazing... We fly into Vegas and drive... Amazing park for campers, camping, B&Bs, and a brand new Hampton Inn just built outside the park in Springdale.

Also, Culebra Island off the coast of Puerto Rico is amazing... Stay at Casa Mangofish or similar guest house.... Absolutely awesome!

Dinky Dau

Over Sexed Sr. Citizen
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 12, 2015
Zip code
One on my Bucket list was, Whalers Bay in Alaska for 7 days, of one greatest fishing adventures. Wish I had done it, when I still had my health..

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Santorini. A Greek island.

When I go again I won't be coming back...

Santorini-Greece-91.jpg