Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Cleaning a few guns tonight after my 3rd range trip without cleaning them. I don't know what it is about CZ's but they seem to get a lot more dirty than other guns with roughly the same round count shooting the same ammo. The magazines get a bunch of shit all over them too, to the point where they won't drop free anymore and you have to strip them out of the gun. Just cleaned the P-07 and my designated range mags for it and I used about 4 or 5 wipes per magazine to get them clean inside and out. They drop free with no issues now after cleaning them though. :noidea:

Reactions: Mac11FA and Axeman

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Cleaning a few guns tonight after my 3rd range trip without cleaning them. I don't know what it is about CZ's but they seem to get a lot more dirty than other guns with roughly the same round count shooting the same ammo. The magazines get a bunch of shit all over them too, to the point where they won't drop free anymore and you have to strip them out of the gun. Just cleaned the P-07 and my designated range mags for it and I used about 4 or 5 wipes per magazine to get them clean inside and out. They drop free with no issues now after cleaning them though. :noidea:
I've noticed this too, and it makes me wonder if the chambers aren't just a tad loose.

Reactions: Jake and Liberty

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I've noticed this too, and it makes me wonder if the chambers aren't just a tad loose.

I haven't purchased a CZ yet. It would be interesting to drop a Glock fired case in the chamber of the CZ to see if it fits. If the CZ swallows a Glock empty, they are loose for sure.

Reactions: Jake and Laufen

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice this. I clean my guns regularly but I guess I'll just have to be better about inspecting and cleaning the magazines on a regular basis as well. I've never seen a magazine get so filthy. On one of my magazines the blue follower was completely black due to carbon buildup and I could feel some resistance due to all of that carbon buildup on/inside of the magazines when loading them.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
What do the spent casings look like? One of my carbines has a loose chamber and you can see the soot on the side of the spent shell casing.

Reactions: dial1911 and Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
What do the spent casings look like? One of my carbines has a loose chamber and you can see the soot on the side of the spent shell casing.

No soot on the spent cases. Looks like a normal piece of brass. I've only been shooting some pretty stout 124gr loads. I'm gonna try to experiment with a different weight recoil spring. Maybe the gun is coming out of lockup a bit sooner than it's supposed to? That's what a few people recommended on the CZ Forum anyways. I have no idea if that's what's actually happening or not though.

Reactions: Hayata

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
No soot on the spent cases. Looks like a normal piece of brass. I've only been shooting some pretty stout 124gr loads. I'm gonna try to experiment with a different weight recoil spring. Maybe the gun is coming out of lockup a bit sooner than it's supposed to? That's what a few people recommended on the CZ Forum anyways. I have no idea if that's what's actually happening or not though.

I put a heavier spring in the Jericho and it still gets carbon all over the magazine. But you might have better luck with a real CZ.

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I put a heavier spring in the Jericho and it still gets carbon all over the magazine. But you might have better luck with a real CZ.

I've been meaning to ask you, when you had the P-07 you had it setup for SAO right? How was the safety on it? Is it a pretty positive click to engage/disengage like a 1911? I've been debating on switching it back over to SAO instead of DA/SA until I order some CGW goodies for it.

Leadhoof

Dumb Bottom
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 20, 2017
Florida
e621.net
Zip code
I've been meaning to ask you, when you had the P-07 you had it setup for SAO right? How was the safety on it? Is it a pretty positive click to engage/disengage like a 1911? I've been debating on switching it back over to SAO instead of DA/SA until I order some CGW goodies for it.

The safety does have a nice positive click when you move it. It's a bit too low profile for me, but it works.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
The safety does have a nice positive click when you move it. It's a bit too low profile for me, but it works.

Hmmm, I didn't really think about that. That might be kinda tough to manipulate in a high stress situation. The decocker is pretty low profile too and hard to hit with one hand or without adjusting your grip. Now that you say that I'll probably leave it in its DA/SA configuration.

Reactions: Gunsite Grad

Gunsite Grad

Charter member
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 25, 2015
Druid Hills & Kennworthstock
Zip code
Hmmm, I didn't really think about that. That might be kinda tough to manipulate in a high stress situation. The decocker is pretty low profile too and hard to hit with one hand or without adjusting your grip. Now that you say that I'll probably leave it in its DA/SA configuration.

Which is why I changed it

H

Hoss

I loved everything about my P07 except the ridiculously low slide profile. Damn thing was impossible to manipulate if my hands were sweaty.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I loved everything about my P07 except the ridiculously low slide profile. Damn thing was impossible to manipulate if my hands were sweaty.

The P-07 slide feels huge compared to the CZ 75 slide. The good thing about both of them is the fact that they have berry aggressive cocking serrations that really bite into your hand.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Wonder how much shit is in the mag well and release?