What to look for in a kydex holster for dummies

Faktory 47

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
I just received an R&R owb...ordered on amazon. I picked it up bc...and don't be too harsh...Nutnfancy mentioned them in a vid and they fit my Olight baldrs....for <$70. It needed some edges sanded...but otherwise the retention (once mounted on belt) is good, has none of @lesptr 's faults above, and fits my piece well. I'll post pics when I get home.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
My dad just bought a "We The People" holster for his new Hellcat and this thing is a complete piece of shit. Told him to return it asap.

-0.06" kydex so that right off the bat told me they are newbs using the cheapest materials possible.
-Retention could NOT have been worse. It did not click in at all and didn't even feel like it fit the holster at all. It was so loose that holding it in there while trying to carry would be comical. I tightened the retention screw down as far as it would go and still nothing. No audible click into place, no retention, nothing. The gun flew right out of the holster when help upside down.
-Lack of a decent finish. Scuff marks and residual kydex everywhere along the edges. Clearly don't take any pride in their work.
-He also paid extra for the concealment wing, which as pictured has two holes for hardware, while the holster itself has one hole to mount it lmao... Like do they sell these but have never ever installed one? Even if you did decide to install it with just one screw its just going to spin around and never stay put lmao.

Hot fucking garbage boys. Pass at all costs.

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 12.36.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 12.36.40 PM.png Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 12.36.36 PM.png

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
My dad just bought a "We The People" holster for his new Hellcat and this thing is a complete piece of shit. Told him to return it asap.

-0.06" kydex so that right off the bat told me they are newbs using the cheapest materials possible.
-Retention could NOT have been worse. It did not click in at all and didn't even feel like it fit the holster at all. It was so loose that holding it in there while trying to carry would be comical. I tightened the retention screw down as far as it would go and still nothing. No audible click into place, no retention, nothing. The gun flew right out of the holster when help upside down.
-Lack of a decent finish. Scuff marks and residual kydex everywhere along the edges. Clearly don't take any pride in their work.
-He also paid extra for the concealment wing, which as pictured has two holes for hardware, while the holster itself has one hole to mount it lmao... Like do they sell these but have never ever installed one? Even if you did decide to install it with just one screw its just going to spin around and never stay put lmao.

Hot fucking garbage boys. Pass at all costs.

View attachment 122193 View attachment 122194 View attachment 122195
Yerp. The Mrs ordered me two. They had a sale. I told her I loved them.

I don’t.

shhh.

it’s the thought that counts.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I had thought about We the People (they adverize on Dan Bongino's show). Glad I did not.
I also looked at my Gearcraft holster for G19. Retention is fine, but it is overmolded. No standoffs for the slide release lever.
I need several new IWB holsters (365, 10c, 320), any suggestions?
These are known to be perfect every time. These folks know exactly what they are doing.

Tier 1
Gcode
Phlster

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I had thought about We the People (they adverize on Dan Bongino's show). Glad I did not.
I also looked at my Gearcraft holster for G19. Retention is fine, but it is overmolded. No standoffs for the slide release lever.
I need several new IWB holsters (365, 10c, 320), any suggestions?
I finally got my Black Rhino. It’s really well made. 95998F6E-B123-49A4-AA12-6611815D0299.jpeg

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I want one for my Xcompact, but the 6 week lead sucks. I need to just suck it up and order it.

FWIW, the last time I ordered something from them I paid the $15 to expedite it and I had it in about a week.

• Love
Reactions: dial1911

Foothills_edc

Give me sugar water
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Aug 29, 2020
Georgia
One thing I avoid are FOMI clips. These are not the most reliable mounting method for IWB holsters. They tend to break over time and are prone to slipping off the belt when drawing causing the holster to come out with the gun. Typically when buying a holster for IWB use, I look for a company that allows you to choose several mounting methods when picking the holster specs, like pull the dots or overhook clips. My preferred mounting method is pull the dot loops, as these are long lasting and wrap around under the belt so that there is no opening on the bottom and the holster won't pull out on the draw.