What Kind Of Holster Do You Use For Concealed Carry?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Steve22

Hunter
Feb 16, 2016
just wondering what everyone is using for concealed carry holsters and how they like them.

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
View attachment 277 View attachment 278 In using a Shootist Tactical Grey Man LE IWB at about the 4:30 position, conceals nice and it's very comfortable, sits at about a 20 deg cant, kinda rough pics and my riggers belt wasn't quite suited to using it with jeans lol, fits a lot better with my regular belt

Last edited by a moderator:
D

David

I'm currently using a crossbreed holster for my FNS, however I'm not sure I'm really feeling it anymore. It's kind of big, and I may see what else is out there soon myself.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I run either a Comp-Tac C-Tac IWB or a my own brand (TSD) appendix. It's usually dependent on how I am dressing for the occasion. During the winter months I sometimes use a TSD Lo-Pro OWB. Slim and small enough to wear with any type of jacket and still disappear. Pic of the Lo-Pro attached, don't have a pic of my appendix carry holster.

Can't golf with only 1 club!

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
[QUOTE="BMETFerg]Sticky Holster for my Walther PPS. I am looking for other options.

[/QUOTE]
A buddy of mine was telling me about those Sticky Holsters, How do they work? How do they hold your fire arm wearing IWB (is it possible to wear like this?) or is it more of a pocket holster, I fig I could look up online but if your using one you've got first-hand knowledge

BMETFerg

Hunter
Feb 22, 2016
It has been doing GREAT IWB. I just wore it for a few hours yesterday with just under armour sweatpants on and I forgot about it at times. I'm not a small guy and I find it very comfortable wearing it at the 3 o'clock position(I'm 5'8" and 220lbs) Worth a shot for $25 bucks.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Having never handled a Sticky Holster in person...my first thoughts were how would it hold in place if running were required and how would the holster perform if a physical confrontation ended up with both you and the other guy on the ground.....? Anyone else having those thoughts?

BMETFerg

Hunter
Feb 22, 2016
I don't think the general population think about those situations, at least I don't. For what little use I have had with it I think it would hold up fine if you are wearing something with a belt to help keep it in place, but with my sweat pants on I could easily see it shifting around if I had to run away from something or wrestle someone on the ground.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I'm not saying it's good or bad, just my initial thoughts. I believe in a holster to fit the purpose, so if it fits your needs roll with it.

My brain functions a bit differently. I look at it as.... I carry my firearm everyday for the "what if" scenario and figure if I assume that if/when something happens it will be far from ideal circumstances where I can take my time to draw from a distance in a nice stable shooting platform. I'm a plan for the worst and you'll likely be able to handle most anything in between. Likely a product of past experiences.

In any case, welcome to the site!

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
[QUOTE="Chris Timmerman]Having never handled a Sticky Holster in person...my first thoughts were how would it hold in place if running were required and how would the holster perform if a physical confrontation ended up with both you and the other guy on the ground.....? Anyone else having those thoughts?

[/QUOTE]
I've wondered the same thing from a movement standpoint, a buddy of mine really likes them, myself I'm a bit skeptical but they might make a great pocket holster, I'd really have to see one to make a judgment call on it, I'm pretty hip on belt retention and that's one of the things that might draw me away from this particular style

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
[QUOTE="BMETFerg]I guess I'm just a sheep or whatever because I don't live my life for all the "what if"

[/QUOTE]
All good man, we all are of the same mindset;we all just do things in different ways

Feb 21, 2016
I was never a fan of the appendix IWB all kydex holsters for my sub compact 9mm, but carry that way a majority of the time with my G42. It practically disappears under even a light weight shirt. For my sub compact 9mm, I run a CompTac Minotar IWB for the past 5+ years (extremely comfortable and durable).

JJTwat

Hunter
Feb 5, 2016
I currently have some generic appendix holster i'm using. It took some getting used to the position but it didn't too long....

MattyD.

T-County Farmboy!
Feb 6, 2016
I carry my SD40VE in a Raw Dog IWB holster, and the Ruger LC9S in a Clinger Atom.

L8R,

Matt

Sean Kerns

Scout
Mar 1, 2016
I have and carry my Bodyguard .380 with an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2 IWB. It's very comfortable. I carry it in basically a back pocket position. The motion is very natural to draw from there.

I do have a small gripe that the screws tend to loosen, but I am used to checking those before I head out.

My one actual complaint is that the plastic "core" under the neoprene tends to crack. To their credit the AG people replaced one for me for free with that problem, and when I suggested maybe it was kind of a design problem, they said, "Well you know, for $10 more, we now have the Cloak tuck 3.0 with a steel core." Yeah, well. As I said, they are comfortable, so if I order more, I might go with the 3.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I'm a Crossbreed Supertuck user. Bought my first one years ago and now have one for every pistol I own.

Mar 14, 2016
I use a soft armor holster by mil-tech, for my Taurus millennium pt145. unfortunately my Taurus may be headed for the great scrap heap in the sky due to faulty safeties. I called Taurus only to be told there is nothing wrong with the gun. ok Taurus so why did you agree with a $39,000,000.00 lawsuit ? seriously this thing has me pissed off.