What is your gun related OCD?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
was going through my ammo and mags and realized how much it bothers me to have one or two of certain styles of mags and not enough ammo cans to keep them stored and organized how I want.

Then the ammo was killing me having different brands and weights so I have to leave them all in the boxes.

Anyone else have a very specific way they have to have their guns and accessories?

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I wish I did. The last time I needed an oddball caliber I literally had to open 9 ammo cans before I found it. I've got sometimes 5 or 6 calibers in a can with no labels except the occasional duct tape and sharpie that's guaranteed to be wrong.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
You opened a damn can of worms lol... Let's see.

-AR ammo comes in 20 round boxes when mags are 30 rounders
-I can never fill my 9mm Glock mags all full to the end of a box of ammo. The math is never there
-Random branded boxes of ammo that don't match my stash of a majority other brand
-Having filled mags with different types of ammo in them (not in the same mag)
-Having different types of mags (mostly my AK mags since they're bakelites, pmags, blocs, etc)
-Having carry 9mm ammo that comes silver and turns gross brown after a while
-My Winchester gun safe cubbies are JUST too freaking small to fit a certain number of boxes wide and high, so theres always a gap on two of the four walls per cubby

Tire of typing, but there are more. I'm OCD as shit.

Reactions: erkinator 2

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
You opened a damn can of worms lol... Let's see.

-AR ammo comes in 20 round boxes when mags are 30 rounders
-I can never fill my 9mm Glock mags all full to the end of a box of ammo. The math is never there
-Random branded boxes of ammo that don't match my stash of a majority other brand
-Having filled mags with different types of ammo in them (not in the same mag)
-Having different types of mags (mostly my AK mags since they're bakelites, pmags, blocs, etc)
-Having carry 9mm ammo that comes silver and turns gross brown after a while
-My Winchester gun safe cubbies are JUST too freaking small to fit a certain number of boxes wide and high, so theres always a gap on two of the four walls per cubby

Tire of typing, but there are more. I'm OCD as shit.
My thread irritated your OCD and now your post has set mine off even more by reminding me of things I hadn't thought about.

DAMMIT!

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
My thread irritated your OCD and now your post has set mine off even more by reminding me of things I hadn't thought about.

DAMMIT!
LOL. One of the worst has got to be having different unboxed 9mm hollow points and not know which ones weigh how much!!! Ugh I know some are subs and cant remember. FML

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
LOL. One of the worst has got to be having different unboxed 9mm hollow points and not know which ones weigh how much!!! Ugh I know some are subs and cant remember. FML
I have a ziplock bag with like 4 different calibers and 2 or 3 different types of each in it. No more than 4 of any one. I am just going to shoot them next time I'm at the range to get rid of them. I even have a handful of .45 and I don't have a .45 anymore.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I have a ziplock bag with like 4 different calibers and 2 or 3 different types of each in it. No more than 4 of any one. I am just going to shoot them next time I'm at the range to get rid of them. I even have a handful of .45 and I don't have a .45 anymore.
Oh gosh I couldnt handle that. I would have shot them by now.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
All of my ammo cans are labeled down to the grain and brand.
That's my goal. Hopefully (trying to stay optimistic here) this time next year I will be able to afford to only buy ammo in bulk so I can keep it all loose in ammo cans. I don't have many calibers and only plan to pick up two more so it will be easy. 9mm and .223/5.56 then .22 when I get one.

I won't need as much but I'll have some .38 and .357 and .308 and 12 gauge in much smaller quantities stored up too. My next house I will hopefully have a good place to build some shelves just to hold ammo cans and keep it all organized.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I don't have many. I have my ammo cans labeled, but I mainly did that so I can have an accurate count......and I like going through it for the same reason Scrooge McDuck likes swimming in his money.

giphy.gif