What is the favorite gun you own - and why?

Faktory 47

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
When you look in your safe, which of all your guns do you seem most drawn to? Or when you head to the range, the one gun you seem to want to grab most often? Or if you want to go hunting?

Whether it's a collectable, or beaten from years of carry, or from years of dragging it in the field. It doesn't matter, you get the idea. What's its story?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mine is pretty plain. An 870 tactical with ghost ring sights and a Spec Ops buttstock and forend. It goes on 3/4 of my range trips and I look forward to putting 20+ rounds down range every time it goes. It's got the firepower, the mean look, and the performance ... Sometimes the word AWESOME just works.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
That is a hard question.
I will cheat a little bit here and give several.
I would say my best over all favorite is my Ruger Super Blackhawk 44 mag 10 1/2 inch barrel. It is so accurate and puts the bullets right in there it's hard to believe. I worked the trigger down to one pound and .010 total movement.
When it comes to shotguns. I will pick one of my Ithaca model 37 a really old model and the other one is a deer Slayer, The actions are so slick on there and so easy to carry. The workmanship on them is so fine.

a7udury9.jpg

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
My favorite has to be my latest addition, just a month ago, my Beretta 92FS. Why? 1) I waited a long time to buy it. I knew I wanted it, but I already had a great 9mm (Ruger SR9), so I had to justify to myself that it made sense to purchase it and find it at the right price. 2) I shoot it more accurately than any other gun that I own. Yesterday I went to the range and shot a 2 3/4" group, one full magazine, 15 rounds at 21 feet, would have been 1 3/4'', with the exception of 2 shots. That's awesome, for me. It's a great gun and I'm really happy to own it!

Kudzu

Scout
Dec 12, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I've owned a lot of guns over nearly fifty years of gun ownership, but my absolute favorite is my 4" stainless steel Security Six that I bought thirty years ago. It's extremely accurate, has an exceptional DA and SA pull, a beauty to behold and a joy to shoot. Though I have a number of choices, it serves as my within-arms-reach, things-that-go-bump-in-the-night gun.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
It would be my first year of production, 101-year old Colt 1911. It was my grandfather's, then my dad's, and now mine. I wrote a rather lengthy story about it awhile back on the other forum. I still shoot it a few times a year. Shoots great! I only use hardball in it. I've shot over a few thousand rounds through it and it has never jammed. I plan on giving it to my son in a few years.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
My SR1911. Such a jewel to shoot...and its purty. Dirtiest gun I own...but its actually a fun drill to disassemble... clean... and put back together.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Like your Ithaca Model 37 shotgun Rich! They still make them...and they are expensive...but you get what you pay for. Like my Remington 870 Express pump, but I don't think they are as high quality as they used to be...the Ithaca's are though!

Merry Christmas you old coot...and the rest of you guys too! :)

warbird1

Hunter
Dec 12, 2013
Heart of Dixie
My CZ75 SP01 Phantom......every time I get near it's location it has to go in my hand. Love it's looks, ammo capacity and accuracy....or....my Browning BDA .380 which is just Italian made gorgeous in it's nickel finish.

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
For me it is probably a .45 cal, flintlock, Pennsylvania rifle that my Dad and I built from pieces and parts and a chunk of curly maple. Mostly it is the memories of all the work. Dad's been gone a while now and it seems to grow more special each year.

IMG_0307s.jpg

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Re: What is the favorite gun you own - and why?

That's one beautiful Flint lock and one mighty fine piece of curly maple.
Have built quite a few of those myself and shot competition down at friendship Indiana at the National Rifle Association.
There's nothing like flint and black powder.
RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Favorite long gun would be one of my Saiga shotguns. I have owned all three but currently have the .410 and the 20 gauge. Both are converted and can't be shot without smiling. Favorite pistol would be the SR1911 by a wide margin. It's a 1911 made by Ruger. That is about all I can say on that one. Both Saigas have been converted since this picture was taken.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Re: What is the favorite gun you own - and why?

bigdogdaddy said:
Sarge said:
Damascus7 said:
What a heirloom! You must be proud of it!

Yea, you could say that. :)

If you wouldn't have said that was your favorite I would have thought a little less of you.

I knew you'd say that Dog!:) By the way, love those shotguns of yours! :)

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
framedcraig1 said:
:)Yeah BDD. Pretty hard to hate the sr 1911...huh ....?!

I am obsessed. I want a Springfield EMP next and then an Ed Brown 1911. Near as I can tell he can be a bit of a jerk, but if you have ever handled one of his 1911s it is hard to resist.