What do you do with your body armor?

Howard Law

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
So I happen to have a few bullet proof vests now. Where do you guys keep yours? By the bed? Or is this stuff just for SHTF?

I put one under my wife's side of the bed so far. Can't decide where to put the others.

Reactions: dial1911

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
i plan on getting a plate carrier to wear when i start taking classes. not so much for carrying stuff but id just feel better with one if I am around a bunch of people moving and shooting. Otherwise I would probably leave it under my side of the bed so it is available if I need it and feel I have time to put it on.

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
I've toyed with the idea of getting a simple rig. It's better to have it and not need it than vice-versa. What's a simple setup without going full-blown mall ninja, since so many of you are already in the game?

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Holy shit, with my luck I'd pay the $800 and get shot in the damn face the first day the purge starts. I looked at Galls last night but had no clue where to start looking for what level, make, thickness, etc...
LOL, I have 3 sets right now and I paid nearly 3000 for each set. One set the plates were 1500 each. So 800 really isn't that bad for something that will stop a rifle round.

Or you might get shot in the body armor and it will be the best 800 you ever spent.

Reactions: scand

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
LOL, I have 3 sets right now and I paid nearly 3000 for each set. One set the plates were 1500 each. So 800 really isn't that bad for something that will stop a rifle round.

Or you might get shot in the body armor and it will be the best 800 you ever spent.
Very true

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Very true
I was thinking don't take what I said the wrong way. You haven't got to spend the kind of money I did to be protected. I just have a tendency to go overboard with things. The expensive plates not only stop bullets. They float. So a life jacket and a bullet proof vest in one. But like I was saying that really isn't needed and a good basic setup for a little extra protection never hurts. I felt like I was bragging again. Just ignore me. I'm a gear snob.

Just going to shut up now.

scand

I like parsley
Dec 15, 2015
Moreland/Newnan
Zip code
I was thinking don't take what I said the wrong way. You haven't got to spend the kind of money I did to be protected. I just have a tendency to go overboard with things. The expensive plates not only stop bullets. They float. So a life jacket and a bullet proof vest in one. But like I was saying that really isn't needed and a good basic setup for a little extra protection never hurts. I felt like I was bragging again. Just ignore me. I'm a gear snob.

Just going to shut up now.
Nah it's cool. I didn't take that from it. I just realized you are in Chatwsworth. How is old CCW? Dude was a trading legend and I miss his smartass.

Reactions: Bypass

Bypass

Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Nah it's cool. I didn't take that from it. I just realized you are in Chatwsworth. How is old CCW? Dude was a trading legend and I miss his smartass.
I haven't seen CCW since our last trade 3 r 4 years ago and I got banned from the other site. He was a alright dude though. I hope he is doing OK.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
I've toyed with the idea of getting a simple rig. It's better to have it and not need it than vice-versa. What's a simple setup without going full-blown mall ninja, since so many of you are already in the game?
I got this shit for free. One is level 2, one is 3a, and the last is a plate carrier with plates labeled 3+ and I'm 93% sure you guys paid for t with your tax dollars or paid a company to buy it with your tax dollars.

Reactions: Laufen

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
I have a pate carrier with some steal plates. I need to upgrade to something lighter. I keep it in the safe room for SHTF.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I need to get a plate carrier and some plates... I'm just too poor at the moment.

oio

I suck dick
Nov 17, 2015
Alpharetta
Zip code
Most of mine have been thrown away after being shredded with various calibers through extensive testing.
The ones that are worth a shit are not only too heavy to wear, but don't provide enough cover.
And to provide a high % of body cover would mean really fucking heavy.
Remember, any dipshit with a $150 semiauto .22, a scope and subsonic ammo can manage 3" groups and do a lot more damage if so inclined than your average AR15 wannabe commando since those shots are easily heard and people scatter while with the aforementioned .22 you can quietly go about your business, take breaks, etc, and if you're well hidden you can cause a lot of damage from up to 200m away.

I think it's more important to be aware and prepared than to rely on armor. To me body armor is like speeding while relying on a radar detector.
Sure the chances are reduced, but not enough.

Reactions: AtlMedic

T-Roy

Hunter
Jun 24, 2015
I get drunk and run around the house in it when no one's home. Then at some point I say "why the fuck do I have this?" And sell it.

Then I get paranoid and buy another one in the next 6-12 months.

Then I repeat the cycle.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk