What do you do for fun and fitness?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
R

rayzer007

We have an elliptical Nordic-Trak in the basement I try to get on for a half hour daily. Usually I don't get 7 days in during the week, but I do the best I can!

Ray

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
I put 12-14 miles a day on this. I bought it 14 months ago when I quit smoking. Love my Trek bicycle! Elsie goes along for the ride too! :)

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
The Trek is the winner... We live right on The Cuyahoga National Park and can pedal all day on the Ohio Canal Towpath. This is to bicycling as fishing is to living on a lake.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
3Coyotes said:
The Trek is the winner... We live right on The Cuyahoga National Park and can peddle all day on the Ohio Canal Towpath. This is bicycling as fishing is to living on a lake.

I'm originally from Ohio, so I'd like to ride around the Cuyahoga Valley National Park and the Ohio Can Towpath the next time I'm up there visiting relatives. I'd also like to cruise down the Creeper Trail when I visit my sister in VA. :)

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Does taking a long walk to the mail box count?LOL.... Many moons ago it was running, jogging and loads of stuff.

But for us Elderly Gentlemen types, walking to the mail box, range trips, walking around the malls and more important gun shops is just getting out of the house.just about it. Loading and unloading the bass boat, walking on the beach and swimming are about it for today.

Which isn't all that bad, considering back in the good old days I saw loads of old gents who retired, sat out back under a shade tree, chewed tobacco and whittled. Occasionally another old gent would drop by. They'd swap knives and tell lies about the good old days. I'm not at that point yet ;D

Glad to see you and your friend are having at it, with the bikes. Nothing like fresh air, sunshine and good company.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Slowhand said:
...range trips, walking around the malls and more important gun shops is just getting out of the house.just about it. Loading and unloading the bass boat, walking on the beach and swimming are about it for today.

Sounds like the winner to me!

The Cuyahoga may not be breathtaking like more spectacular parks, but it still grabs you.

http://www.nps.gov/cuva/index.htm

I

iacountryboy

Next January 1st I'll try to remember to make a "Fun and Fitness" resolution. :D

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
3Coyotes said:
Slowhand said:
...range trips, walking around the malls and more important gun shops is just getting out of the house.just about it. Loading and unloading the bass boat, walking on the beach and swimming are about it for today.

The Cuyahoga may not be breathtaking like more spectacular parks, but it still grabs you.

The Cuyahoga looks interesting. I browsed through the link you're posted. I checked out their planning information and see that the usual Federal Insanity exists about no being able to carry in their facilities. But at least one can carry while walking the trails. A friends of mines daughter and a couple of other ladies are strolling up the Natchez Trail this summer. He's been persuading her to take her pistol along, "Just In Case". She of course lives in that little Pink World Attitude of "I'm OK and You're OK." Having never met any of the predatory creatures that wander among us on occasion.

Thanks for the link.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Slowhand said:
3Coyotes said:
Slowhand said:

The Cuyahoga looks interesting. I browsed through the link you're posted. I checked out their planning information and see that the usual Federal Insanity exists about no being able to carry in their facilities. But at least one can carry while walking the trails. A friends of mines daughter and a couple of other ladies are strolling up the Natchez Trail this summer. He's been persuading her to take her pistol along, "Just In Case". She of course lives in that little Pink World Attitude of "I'm OK and You're OK." Having never met any of the predatory creatures that wander among us on occasion.

Thanks for the link.

There aren't too many park buildings except maybe Hale Farm to worry about.
I'd carry... mostly for the... uh, coyotes that live there. ???

Shootinbil

Hunter
May 13, 2013
Indiana
I like to start the day off using my total gym for about 45 minutes. Then I get on the Stationary bike for another 20 minutes. I try for six days a week.

Sent from My Compound
My Tactical Shooting Channel
http://youtube.com/profile?user=shootinbil

Silverfox1

Hunter
Jun 10, 2012
Louisville, KY
I work full time at a big box home improvement store, so I'm constantly on my feet and on the move at work. Which, by the way doesn't sound nearly as fun or interesting as the biking you guys are doing, but it pays the bills (mostly). Other than that, yard work keeps me busy from April through October. I've been thinking about buying a bike. Costco has a line of bikes (Northrock, I think) that are suppose to be a great value. Their "comfort" model runs right at $300. I think they recently went up about 10%. I guess I can still ride a bike, haven't been on one in 40 years.

R

rayzer007

Silverfox1 said:
I guess I can still ride a bike, haven't been on one in 40 years.

It's like shooting pool Fox; once you got it, you never loose it! ;)

Ray

M

mukwah

For exercise my job keeps me pretty fit. Other than that I manage to do a little hyper procrastination, mental tia chi, and a lot of vertical meditation. (LOL)
For fun I piddle with my guns doing mods, upgrades and restoration. Also camping, hiking and shooting with my grandson.

emazu4yj.jpg

Sent from my Droid Razr using my trigger finger.

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
Right now I work and walk briskly about 40 minutes a day. In 45 days I retire and we are moving to Maine the next day. Moving to a nice home on a 111 acre pond loaded with hungry largemouths. After daily fishing we are going to bike/wald around the pond! :p