What BOB bag do you carry (brand)

Howard Law

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
Without starting chaos and utterly shutting down SET, what brand of bags do you guys like or carry. I dont care the least bit about contents...just the brand.

And........GO!

- Wes

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Same Bag I run. Personally my favorite.
The 72 is bigger than I need (purposefully bought larger just in case I decide to expand my contents), but capability is awesome ..... that price tag though :(

Reactions: Patryn

Para13ellum

Hunter
Jul 1, 2015
image.jpg
I think the Drago is a tracker. The maxpedition is a fat boy vesipack, if memory serves me correct. It's my Murse.

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
The 72 is bigger than I need (purposefully bought larger just in case I decide to expand my contents), but capability is awesome ..... that price tag though :(

Yea agreed. Price tag really isnt bad if you start looking at the other bags...still a chunk of change eitherway.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Yea agreed. Price tag really isnt bad if you start looking at the other bags...still a chunk of change eitherway.
One of the perks of the 72 is the ability to fit a 3L bladder (I'm still on the fence between a Camelback & Osprey) along with the expanded section that nearly doubles the pack's capacity. I liked the idea of being able to leave the bag loaded with the essentials and then shove a wad of clothing in the expanded section at the last minute without having to repack the whole bag.

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
One of the perks of the 72 is the ability to fit a 3L bladder (I'm still on the fence between a Camelback & Osprey) along with the expanded section that nearly doubles the pack's capacity. I liked the idea of being able to leave the bag loaded with the essentials and then shove a wad of clothing in the expanded section at the last minute without having to repack the whole bag.

If your on the fence, ill help you - get a HydraPak...look into it and smile.

Yes, that is a great reason.

AirOpsMgr

Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
If your on the fence, ill help you - get a HydraPak...look into it and smile.

Yes, that is a great reason.
I'll have to read up on them; Any idea on taste and cleaning?

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
I have a couple maxpeditions, one a pygmy falcon and a versipack. I really like them both, the falcon could have a little bit less stuff hanging off of it (I understand it has a purpose) and the versipack I should have gotten one a little bigger. Hopefully in the next few months I will find me something similar in size and function to my Falcon that is more "gray man".

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
I have a couple maxpeditions, one a pygmy falcon and a versipack. I really like them both, the falcon could have a little bit less stuff hanging off of it (I understand it has a purpose) and the versipack I should have gotten one a little bigger. Hopefully in the next few months I will find me something similar in size and function to my Falcon that is more "gray man".

Lol, yeah I see so many heavy bags everyday.

Jacob Villers

Woodsman
Aug 16, 2015
Elizabeth WV
I'm sorry, by stuff hanging off of it I mean cords, buckles and compression straps... They all serve a purpose and that's why I went with that bag, but now I wish is was more smooth and didn't scream tactical.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Nothing fancy here. A High Sierra with good YKK zippers. I do also have a high end Mammut bag that could be used as a secondary if needed.

My main goal was robustness, good zippers, large compartments with some small zippered pockets, and very "student" looking. It just looks like a college kids backpack. If I get another one, it'll be pink or purple ......not kidding. As long as it's built well (and the Mammut is) that's all I care about. I don't want it to look mall ninja-esque.

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
Nothing fancy here. A High Sierra with good YKK zippers. I do also have a high end Mammut bag that could be used as a secondary if needed.

My main goal was robustness, good zippers, large compartments with some small zippered pockets, and very "student" looking. It just looks like a college kids backpack. If I get another one, it'll be pink or purple ......not kidding. As long as it's built well (and the Mammut is) that's all I care about. I don't want it to look mall ninja-esque.

Agreed. I have a red and a pink bag. No lies.

Reactions: Laufen

Patryn

The Prepared Plunderer
Aug 13, 2015
GA
I'm sorry, by stuff hanging off of it I mean cords, buckles and compression straps... They all serve a purpose and that's why I went with that bag, but now I wish is was more smooth and didn't scream tactical.

Yeah it happens.