Well .... crap

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
I went through the ritual of putting on my EDC this morning and managed to forget my glasses (everyone looks like a crazed nutjob when I don't have my glasses on). I keep meaning to leave a spare set in my truck and my wife's car. For now though, all that's in my wife's car is my G26 because it's of little use to me today. I never really considered my glasses as part of my daily kit until now because that were just a part of my face. I've discovered that they're probably the most important item. I don't even have a spare set with my bug out gear.

When the world goes to heck I guess I'm just going to sit on the curb and wait for it. I don't deserve to survive and repopulate the earth with the UofL cheerleaders as I had planned.

D

Denny4kids

Bummer. I can't think of the name but there is an online store people at work use. Glasses start at about $6. I'll find out next week. I can get by with cheap spare reading glasses from the thrift store.
Once in a while I practice without my glasses. Just clear gear and for me its not too bad. Den

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Excelent point, YZ. As I recall, that FBI shoot out in Miami involved a collision with bad guys that knocked an agent's glasses off and he couldn't find the weapon he dropped.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Denny4kids said:
Bummer. I can't think of the name but there is an online store people at work use. Glasses start at about $6. I'll find out next week. I can get by with cheap spare reading glasses from the thrift store.
Once in a while I practice without my glasses. Just clear gear and for me its not too bad. Den

Oh, I can get all the glasses I want through my current insurance policy. I just haven't taken the time to do so yet. It's on the calendar now though.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Verticoli said:
Excelent point, YZ. As I recall, that FBI shoot out in Miami involved a collision with bad guys that knocked an agent's glasses off and he couldn't find the weapon he dropped.

That really sucks. Scary thought.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
When the world goes to heck I guess I'm just going to sit on the curb and wait for it. I don't deserve to survive and repopulate the earth with the UofL cheerleaders as I had planned. (yz9890)

When you don't have your glasses they are all U of FL cheerleaders. Glass half full.

yz9890

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
bigdogdaddy said:
When the world goes to heck I guess I'm just going to sit on the curb and wait for it. I don't deserve to survive and repopulate the earth with the UofL cheerleaders as I had planned. (yz9890)

When you don't have your glasses they are all U of FL cheerleaders. Glass half full.

a silver lining. thanks.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Jane was watch me that day.
How things have changed since first grade. The first half of the year we Were taught the alphabet.
The second half of the year we were taught how to read watch spot Run.
Now they learn all that in preschool. Some learn it in pre pre school.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

millsriver

Hunter
Jun 21, 2012
North Carolina
My 10 year old granddaughter says "Grandpa, you've got 'old eyes'". I believe she is right. If I forgot my glasses, I'd have to carry a shotgun and someone to point me in the right direction.