Vortex Spitfire 3x Prism Scope

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA
D

David

anyone have experience with the Spitfire 3x prison scope? I just ordered one, and it's really my first scope purchase ever but judging from the reviews it looks pretty good and solid but would like some community feedback too.

D

David

Got the scope in today, it looks pretty solid and was aiming at stuff in my yard with it. To bad I couldn't shoot the squirrels for dinner :D . But this weekend I hope to get it out and give it a run and see how it goes.

BigMikey

Hunter
Jan 31, 2016
I had one, but didn't like it much on my AR, but I like to shoot long distances and the 3X wasn't enough magnification and the magnifer that vortex makes can't be used with it so it had to go.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
Never used the 3x, but had a 1x dot from Vortex and a 1-4x from them on my ARs. I think Vortex makes a great product at a good price point. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another of their products if it met the need of the build.

D

David

So took this out to the range today and had an absolute blast with it. I didn't think the 3x would be as great as it was for 100+ yard distances but this thing was damn near flawless. Took 1 minor adjustment to be on target at 100 yards and it put about a 1.5" grouping down the range (trust me I'm not that good of a shot), took about 4 shots at 150-200 yards and had similar results. The Vortex Spitfire 3x is the real deal for a prism scope, it's a shame magnifiers do not work with it, but even at 150 yards I could distinguish my target and put some lead in to it. Ideally I'd say it's probably not meant for anything over 250ish to 300ish yards or so (at least not for someone with my vision).

I'd highly recommend this to anyone that is interested in a 3x scope. If anything changes with that I'll be sure to update this post. But as it stands, absolutely fantastic scope!

Machi

Hunter
Mar 28, 2016
Vortex makes the best products for the price. It does not get any better!

Thanks

-Machi