US Army getting JHP's?

Howard Law
H

Hoss

Is the Army considering utilizing JHP's in their new handguns? In their requirements list for the new XM-17 ?

"With the minimum of fanfare, the U.S. Army has made an announcement that challenges a long-standing prohibition in international humanitarian law: the banning of ‘expanding’ or hollow point ammunition from the battlefield. The announcement came in the context of a presentation on the updated requirements for the next-generation U.S. Army handgun—designated the XM-17—which took place at a Picatinny Arsenal Industry Day last month.

Earlier discussion of the requirements for the XM-17 suggested strongly that the new handgun would need to be at least .40 or .45 caliber to achieve the ballistic effects specified by the U.S. Army solicitation. However in this new statement, the U.S. Army spokesman quietly added another consideration: that the new handgun be compatible with “special purpose ammunition,” specifically jacketed hollow point (JHP) ammunition. For those companies planning to submit one or more designs for the XM-17 competition (success in which will result in a massive order of 280,000 handguns at a minimum) this means that handguns chambered for the NATO standard 9mm round are now serious contenders alongside .40 or .45 caliber guns."

http://nationalinterest.org/blog/hollow-point-ammunition-the-us-army-good-idea-13549

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
I'm guessing for special forces only type applications?

Liberty

nitrocellulose dispenser
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2015
Ga
Zip code
Who says hp ammo is for use overseas :tinfoil3: welcome to communist amerika.

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
What the hell @Bypass??? You could have killed someone!!!!
I know right. :evil:

3998596-dr-evil.jpg

Reactions: Hoss

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
What the hell @Bypass??? You could have killed someone!!!!
Those are cop killers I hear. In NJ they're referred to by lawmakers as dum dum rounds, or hollow nose bullets. That fucking backward ass place.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Those are cop killers I hear. In NJ they're referred to by lawmakers as dum dum rounds, or hollow nose bullets. That fucking backward ass place.
Funny thing is that it was the ammo we were issuing the IPs. So I just grabbed a few boxes for myself and my boys. I figured fuck these assholes they don't need em and more than likely they will be fired in my direction so why not send em right back. Rover red rover and all style.