Howard Law

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Looks like fans are burning gear across the nation after the direspect shown at games on Sunday. Soo now no one participates in Sunday football I guess the range will be full and the hunters in the stands. What were you thinking ?!?

Reactions: LethalEdge

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
If I could support the NFL any less than I currently support them, then I'd do less... however, as it is, I can't do any less.

I have never seen a professional football contract, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't say anything about bringing politics to the game.

It would be fine with me if the whole league became unprofitable to the point that they close up shop.

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Perhaps this type of stuff will have an impact...probably not though. Most of the general public is happy w the status quo...a six pack, their team, and bitch about everything while doing nothing about it.

Reactions: dial1911

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Never cared about the NFL and have no plans to start. They could all go away and I would still sleep great every night.

Reactions: Red Dawn

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
All it took was a few dumbasses to kneel during the anthem and the prez to call them sob's and the world stops spinning. We are 20 trillion in debt, healthcare is a mess, congress couldn't pour piss out of a boot if the directions were written on the bottom, and everyone is talking about the nfl. We are such a fucked up species.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Perhaps this type of stuff will have an impact...probably not though. Most of the general public is happy w the status quo...a six pack, their team, and bitch about everything while doing nothing about it.
Doing nothing I could almost be ok with. Continuing to give them(mostly via the sponsors) money isn't doing nothing.

I really don't care if the players take a political stand, I just want to see them learn that there are consequences in business to taking an unpopular political stand.

Last edited:

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I'm not a big NFL fan at all like watching the game but on Saturdays for me. It's a whole different game to me. I don't contribute to the NFL or the franchise in ATL so that part won't change for me. Like @Willy Leadwell said I would like to see what repercussions come from this and what NFL says to help the harm done to its fan base. The fans spend millions to watch the game on Sunday and pay the salaries of those guys sitting on the field. What happens when ticket sales go down by half or 40% drop watching the game on cable.

shootin4fun

Veritas Aequitas
Sep 1, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
The Cowboys took a knee at the numbers on the field then went to the end zone and locked arm in arm as did the Cards. Theuall stood together as the anthem was sung. I thought I was the proper way to do it. NOT during the anthem.

Seems Goodell is being selective in his enforcement of the NFL rule book. Appears the rules don't apply to everyone or every situation.
The NFL rules for the National Anthem are found on pages A62-63 of the league’s game operations manual:
"The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.
During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses."

Okuma

Proprietor
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Zip code
1e8caada74d69d0164fb60844a17cefc.jpg

Huddy

Tracker
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 5, 2016
Cumming, GA
Zip code
Doing nothing I could almost be ok with. Continuing to give them(mostly via the sponsors) money isn't doing nothing.

I really don't care if the players take a political stand, I just want to see them learn that there are consequences in business to taking an unpopular political stand.
I agree, spending time and money is a manner of supporting the NFL and thus whatever the players/ teams are doing. Too many forget this.
I also don't care if they take a political stand, popular/unpopular doesn't matter...but I have a problem with the stage they are doing so on. The field is not "their" stage...it is the NFL's. The players are simply the line level employees that make the business run. If I went into every client's home wearing a BLM, Antifa, or MAGA hat...my company would fire my ass after the first warning because I represent the company when in uniform...not myself.

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I agree, spending time and money is a manner of supporting the NFL and thus whatever the players/ teams are doing. Too many forget this.
I also don't care if they take a political stand, popular/unpopular doesn't matter...but I have a problem with the stage they are doing so on. The field is not "their" stage...it is the NFL's. The players are simply the line level employees that make the business run. If I went into every client's home wearing a BLM, Antifa, or MAGA hat...my company would fire my ass after the first warning because I represent the company when in uniform...not myself.

The problem is that liberals cant apply their own standards to themselves. Imagine if it was football players wearing maga hats during the anthem. They would lose their shit and call for boycotts. I'm sick of it. I turned off the nfl and will never turn it back on. I watch sports because I love competition and team work. I dont care what they believe. It's not my business.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Fuck the NFL. I never really cared for pro football, I prefer college football, but I will never watch another NFL game ever.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
The problem is that liberals cant apply their own standards to themselves. Imagine if it was football players wearing maga hats during the anthem. They would lose their shit and call for boycotts. I'm sick of it. I turned off the nfl and will never turn it back on. I watch sports because I love competition and team work. I dont care what they believe. It's not my business.
They banned the players from honoring police officers killed in the line of duty. They're also making that one player apologize for coming out to the end of the tunnel without his team for the anthem. So yeah, fighting for free speech is one thing, this is something entirely different. I hope they suffer financially for it.

erkinator 2

Smiling Handyman
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
NFl did not let players support the fallen Dallas officers and a few other items over the years. Now they let them do this.