Two fine holster makers in Buffalo, NY

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
R

rayzer007

I stopped by the Alessi Holster Co. today to have my 1980's shoulder rig adjusted. Nice folks!
http://www.alessigunholsters.com/

I purchased a Ritchie SnapOn Belt Holster (CQ-QR) for my 442 last year. Nice Folks!
http://www.ritchieholsters.com/

It's just great to have two high end world class holster makers 10 minutes away from each other in my own back yard! I appreciate being able to play with the goodies before buying; most gun owners can't, and have to order from a picture. Buffalo gets a bad rap from the snow, but we've got lots of great firearms related businesses! ;D

Ray

M

mukwah

Two fine holster makers indeed Ray! You're a lucky man to be able to go and fondle a holster before buying it, much less just "dropping" in to have it adjusted!
The rest of us have to be lucky enough to find a holster maker who can get it right the first time!

Fred_Import

Woodsman
Mar 20, 2010
SoCal
You brought back a memory for me, Ray. I remember asking Lou Alessi some questions on another gun board a long time ago. He was always willing to answer you, and more than willing to help out any new holster makers looking for advice. RIP, Lou, as you were one class act!

R

rayzer007

Fred said:
You brought back a memory for me, Ray. I remember asking Lou Alessi some questions on another gun board a long time ago. He was always willing to answer you, and more than willing to help out any new holster makers looking for advice. RIP, Lou, as you were one class act!

I must admit Fred, I have heard many many people speak very highly of him, and never a word of criticism regarding his person or business. A rather remarkable legacy in today's world! Skip Ritchie from Ritchie Leather Co. worked with Lou for years, and the same could be said of him!

Ray

Pops

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Maine
I have several holsters that I purchased directly from Lou. Wonderful man. I have not had any contact with Ritchie, but several of my friends have with very satisifactory results. :)

zingbee

Hunter
Jun 8, 2012
Eustis, FL
Cheektowaga and Amherst. Alessi is very close to where I used to live off of Union Road by the airport. Never knew they were there. Both look like fine products.

R

rayzer007

zingbee said:
Cheektowaga and Amherst. Alessi is very close to where I used to live off of Union Road by the airport. Never knew they were there. Both look like fine products.

Alessi just moved to that location maybe a year ago. Both companies are pricey, but fine quality, hand made, one-at-a-time leather holsters.

Ray

R

rayzer007

Pops said:
The real amusing thing is Ritchie moved into the old shop of Lou. :D

Yes, and the new owner of Alessi hired Lou's wife and daughter!

Ray