turtle

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
my daughter will be 12 next week and she wants a turtle.
I usually don't do the animal thing,but she said I want to name my turtle my brothers name because I miss him so much.so yeah kinda deal breaker right there. or mabey just her ploy to sucker me into it!
I have zero experience with turtles.
have went to pet shops have seen water and land turtles.
any suggestions?
some of the land turtles can live outside(no issue there have 16 acres)
thanks

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I like turtles....

but that's about all I know.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
There are a lot of variables to consider. Here is a good link to give you a better idea of what you might need. They only refer to indoor kept pets so I am not sure about outdoor pets. I would guess that you would need some way of keeping it fenced or caged and still be able to provide the habitat necessary. As a whole, pets are usually not expensive, the supplies and food are what get ya!

Reactions: sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
didn't know it was SO hard to find a Russian turtle.after calling every pet store in warner robins/macon area.started looking online. I responded to a add on LIARSLIST,against my better judgment.guy said he had a 1.5 year old Russian turtle $60 .(cost $109 at pet stores) after few emails and finding that he only lived 20 min from me.i was like heck ya. right as I was getting ready to leave,he sent me his # I texted and said send me pic. glad I did. he was trying to sell me a gopher turtle.i texted back and said,i have those all over my woods,thats a gopher turtle....NOTHING
UGHHHHH fuckin people
called pet store in Columbus 90 minute drive and they have 1 left.was more then happy to take my CC payment and I will pickup Saturday. I really cant believe that some people are really that way.fuckin bastard

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
didn't know it was SO hard to find a Russian turtle.after calling every pet store in warner robins/macon area.started looking online. I responded to a add on LIARSLIST,against my better judgment.guy said he had a 1.5 year old Russian turtle $60 .(cost $109 at pet stores) after few emails and finding that he only lived 20 min from me.i was like heck ya. right as I was getting ready to leave,he sent me his # I texted and said send me pic. glad I did. he was trying to sell me a gopher turtle.i texted back and said,i have those all over my woods,thats a gopher turtle....NOTHING
UGHHHHH fuckin people
called pet store in Columbus 90 minute drive and they have 1 left.was more then happy to take my CC payment and I will pickup Saturday. I really cant believe that some people are really that way.fuckin bastard
People never seem to learn their lesson about Craigslist! Your lucky you did not make the meet, he may have had other things in mind!

Sublimebeer

MAKE GUN FORUMS GREAT AGAIN
Mar 25, 2015
East Cobb Ga
Zip code
Turtles will last forever. Go box, or land turtle over water turtles. It's impossible to keep tank water clean. Even after I bought a $300 filter from pet smart. I had 4 red ear sliders for 5 years. I let them go in the hooch. All female. By the time I let them go they were almost a foot long each. Had them in a 60 gallon tank.

H

Hoss

I'm betting she'll quickly lose interest as they have no personality or redeeming qualities. Get her something cool like a sugar glider . Those are awesome

Reactions: Lokidogg and sam

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
sugar glider? ill have look those up.not sure what they are.
goal is Russian turtle habitat outside.im not a fan of animals in the house!

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
People never seem to learn their lesson about Craigslist! Your lucky you did not make the meet, he may have had other things in mind!

I am so done using CL lesson learned,asshole trying sell me a turtle that is wild

Lokidogg

Woodsman
Mar 28, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I had a sugar glider. They are a lot of fun but do make some LOUD calls (mines name was siren) and their urine begins to smell because of their diet.

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
yuck,i really do not want anything in the house.and smell of URINE.not going to happen!
I found a Russian turtle @pet store in Columbus going pick it up Saturday
they can live outside . my husband will be having fun making its new habitat this weekend!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
my husband will be having fun making its new habitat this weekend![/QUOTE said:
We know who wears the SHORTS in your family!

sam

Marksman
Trusted Trader
Apr 8, 2015
byron
Zip code
FUNNY!
ill post pics when all done
its a Bday present for our daughter.