GA Firing Line

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Also full tactitards or not. Know how to use the weapon you are going to defend yourself with. A little range time goes a long way

They did. They pointed in the general direction and pulled the trigger. Could they be better at it? Absolutely. Would practicing on a square range really do much good? Probably not.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Hooked on phonics will work for you.

"Also one other thing I noticed. Why after firing shots at the bad guy, did they allow him to regain distance after running out the door. That seems pretty damn stupid. That is where I would unload the remaining rounds into his chest."

This comment means the guy ran out the door. He then regained distance by running back in through the door. That is where I would have unloaded the remaining rounds into him. I am aware of the laws and about firing at a bad guy running from you.

"regain distance"? What kind of backwards way is that of saying he assaulted them again? Distance implies, well, distance. To put it more simply, the normal connotation of distance would be a positive displacement away from the point of origin. I suppose I defined the point of origin from the perspective of the two good girls. If you're defining the point of origin from the perp, then I suppose that would be "gaining distance" from the point of origin.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
"regain distance"? What kind of backwards way is that of saying he assaulted them again? Distance implies, well, distance. To put it more simply, the normal connotation of distance would be a positive displacement away from the point of origin. I suppose I defined the point of origin from the perspective of the two good girls. If you're defining the point of origin from the perp, then I suppose that would be "gaining distance" from the point of origin.
Regain distance would be, regaining the distance that was between the 2 groups. It may be backwards to some, but most would understand the implied statement. Sorry ain't got no fancy words to make my sentences look professional.

I guess it could be better if I said "closed the distance between the 2". But he was trying to leave, was unable to do so, so yeah he regained distance. :boink:

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Hooked on phonics will work for you.

"Also one other thing I noticed. Why after firing shots at the bad guy, did they allow him to regain distance after running out the door. That seems pretty damn stupid. That is where I would unload the remaining rounds into his chest."

This comment means the guy ran out the door. He then regained distance by running back in through the door. That is where I would have unloaded the remaining rounds into him. I am aware of the laws and about firing at a bad guy running from you.
In GA its a definite no go. A guy last year was arrested and jailed for firing rounds at a dude that was driving away in his car that just robbed him in his home at gun point.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
In GA its a definite no go. A guy last year was arrested and jailed for firing rounds at a dude that was driving away in his car that just robbed him in his home at gun point.

Where was that at? I don't remember reading about that.

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
Where was that at? I don't remember reading about that.
Im pretty sure I saw it here. A guy was bombarded, tied up in his home, held at gun point while the dude robbed him, the dude stole his cars keys, ran outside to leave as the home owner got out of the ties, grabbed his gun and ran out the front door shooting intop the windshield as the bad guy was backing down his driveway. Since the guy was "retreating" it was deemed illegal.

Reactions: Jake

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code

Shooting at a fleeing perpetrator is not an automatic no-go. It would depend upon the totality of the circumstances.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I think most folks are missing the main thing I personally took from the video clip; the 2 females both fought back, aggressively and never gave up. That right there is more important than what weapon they used, or what training they may have had.

Most folks don’t fight back, and females statistically fight back less than males do. These 2 women waited for their chance, when they had it they went 100%, and didn’t stop until it was over.

I can train folks all day in tactics and techniques, stressing speed, decisiveness, and aggressiveness the whole while, but for the vast majority the latter cannot be taught. You’re aggressive or you’re not. There are folks that are not aggressive enough, but something happens in their lives to flip that switch.

The majority THINK they can be aggressive when the time comes, but unless you’ve actually seen the elephant, you won’t know for sure until you do. I’ve seen more than one “badass” vapor lock when their moment came.

Good for both of them. Now that they’ve been in a situation like this, I would hope that they do seek some competent training so that their skills can match their aggressive mindset. If they lived in this area I would be hitting them up and offering them some free training.

Reactions: Rwjeter and karlvv

2Afriendly

Scout
Mar 5, 2018
Lawrenceville
Zip code
Holy cow, those are some brave women. That girl almost shot her mother though in the scuffle. I'd say they need some more training...