Troy Battle Mags........Suck

GA Firing Line

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I bought some Troy Battle mags last October (2016)when Primary Arms was running a killer deal on them. I think I paid $6 each with free shipping. Anyway, I gave a bunch away to friends for xmas 2016. About 75% of these mags that have been loaded for a year have seen the feed lip area deform to the point that if they are disturbed, the follower and spring push the loaded ammo though the feed lips and puke their guts out all over the floor. It happened to me and a couple friends that have had them loaded for the last year or so.

Garbage. Into the trash.

Just a PSA.

Last edited:

karlvv

The LEGEND
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
I bought some Troy Battle mags last October when Primary Arms was running a killer deal on them. I think I paid $6 each with free shipping. Anyway, I gave a bunch away to friends for xmas 2016. About 75% of these mags that have been loaded for a year have seen the feed lip area deform to the point that if they are disturbed, the follower and spring push the loaded ammo though the feed lips and puke their guts out all over the floor. It happened to me and a couple friends that have had them loaded for the last year or so.

Garbage. Into the trash.

Just a PSA.

That sucks. At least they were only 6 bucks a pop.

Reactions: 1776 and Laufen

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I bought some Troy Battle mags last October when Primary Arms was running a killer deal on them. I think I paid $6 each with free shipping. Anyway, I gave a bunch away to friends for xmas 2016. About 75% of these mags that have been loaded for a year have seen the feed lip area deform to the point that if they are disturbed, the follower and spring push the loaded ammo though the feed lips and puke their guts out all over the floor. It happened to me and a couple friends that have had them loaded for the last year or so.

Garbage. Into the trash.

Just a PSA.

Damn... good info to know. I bought a couple of "hex" mags that may be Troy manufacture... not sure.

I should go check mags later tonight. I only really keep an eye on the handful of aluminum mags that I keep close to a rifle.

Reactions: Laufen

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
That bites I'd send to the front door of Troy and say no thanks you can have em back.

I keep GI and Pmags

Sublimebeer

MAKE GUN FORUMS GREAT AGAIN
Mar 25, 2015
East Cobb Ga
Zip code
That’s weird. I got a bunch from I think PSA that were breast cancer awareness.$5 each. Pink followers and pull tabs. I’ve had them loaded for about the same amount of time(maybe longer). I’ve never had an issue. I’ve got about 20 of them.

I have had 10 of loaded for about 2 years I think it is.. I’ve used them regularly(the ones I keep loaded). No issues.

Gober13

I like lamp
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 9, 2016
Lavonia
Zip code
That’s weird. I got a bunch from I think PSA that were breast cancer awareness.$5 each. Pink followers and pull tabs. I’ve had them loaded for about the same amount of time(maybe longer). I’ve never had an issue. I’ve got about 20 of them.

I have had 10 of loaded for about 2 years I think it is.. I’ve used them regularly(the ones I keep loaded). No issues.
same here. I keep my subs in the pink ones had them loaded for awhile. Finally got tobshoot them about 6 months ago. Ran fine. Then reloaded them and they still seem fine. Guess you gotta stick with the pink.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code

Yeah, I dunno. Maybe it was a bad run.

H

Hoss

same here. I keep my subs in the pink ones had them loaded for awhile. Finally got tobshoot them about 6 months ago. Ran fine. Then reloaded them and they still seem fine. Guess you gotta stick with the pink.
The tabs broke off of two of the three I have.

Reactions: Gober13

Sublimebeer

MAKE GUN FORUMS GREAT AGAIN
Mar 25, 2015
East Cobb Ga
Zip code
The tabs broke off of two of the three I have.

That’s weird. I am going to give them to a buddy that is able to shoot a lot more than me. Gonna see if mine hold up. I’d rather know now if they aren’t any good under harsh conditions. I’d rather unload them for $10 a mag on Gregslist.