Trap sporting clays

GA Firing Line

Swede413

Scout
Feb 2, 2017
I'm moving to Fairborn Ohio next week near Dayton

Are there any good trap or sporting Clay's ranges around ?

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
How far do you want to drive? Clark County has a nice sportsman's club just off route 41 on the west side of Springfield that's only about 20 minutes from Fairborn. I was a member there many years ago and they have trap, skeet, and sporting clays there. I no longer live in the area, so someone else might have a better option for you.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
I'm not familiar with that location, but if you run Rt. 68 north out of Springfield up to Bellefontaine Mad River Gun Club has a really nice sporting clays course.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
I'm not familiar with that location, but if you run Rt. 68 north out of Springfield up to Bellefontaine Mad River Gun Club has a really nice sporting clays course.

I have many memories of Mad River Sportsman's Club. I used to shoot there and pull traps there when I was a teenager. In 1996, when the US Olympic team was touring, I pulled trap for the Ohio Cup that was there and got all the US team to sign a box of shells. I still have it. 

View attachment 666

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
Very cool @T.L.Jones . That's a nice heirloom to have. I've shot the Ronald McDonald House charity shoot there a few times and they always set it up as a Pro-Am. Humbling experience to shoot with top end competitors.  And frustrating when they make it look so easy! I shoot much more trap than sporting clays so I don't have much to compare it to, but it's a nice course.

RandyH

Scout
Feb 7, 2016
if you are looking for a range to just throw and shoot clays, try Spring Valley a visit.  It is an ODNR range.