GA Firing Line

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Ok upon my searching perimeters I was looking for law on transferring a pistol without using a FFL inside the state. What I’ve come up with is 18 proof of residence, not a felon and no straw purchases is all I can find required in GA. Now it’s a catch on shipping it. You can’t use a usps carrier but a contract courier has to be used and notified that it’s a firearm. Am I missing anything or is this GTG.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Found this regarding State of GA:

Yes, as a non-licensee you can ship pistols through a contract carrier, but ONLY within the same state.
-Yes, as a non-licensee you can ship a pistol out of state, but ONLY to a licensed dealer. The BATFE states, “In addition, Federal law requires that the carrier be notified that the shipment contains a firearm and prohibits common or contract carriers from requiring or causing any label to be placed on any package indicating that it contains a firearm.”
“A nonlicensee may ship a firearm by a common or contract carrier to a resident of his or her own State or to a licensee in any State. A common or contract carrier must be used to ship a handgun.” -BATFE

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Ups shipped one today. They had to package it their selves. But other than that it is in the mail.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Fire it off via ups or fedex. Only certain locations take firearms.

Reactions: Red Dawn

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Ups shipped one today. They had to package it their selves. But other than that it is in the mail.

WoW UPS gave me crap about night sights going back to manufacturer because they saw me put it in the package couple years ago. That’s good news they did send it tho glad to hear it.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I've shipped a few out of state to FFLs usng UPS before- they have to go to the "Hub" in Macon (which is in the shitty part of downtown) and they have to go 2nd day air... which was about $35 last time I used them.

I've also taken a .22 to my FFL- he gave me a form to send it out of state using the USPS. Shipped it out west for like $12.