Trade evaluation help

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Romanian psl dragonov with 2 mags, sling and scope for my M1a.

It's tempting but I don't know anything about them. I do have a crap ton of Russian 7.62 that I never shoot.

H

Hoss

Keep in mind that the Romanian PSL is not a true dragunov. It's a basic RPK receiver and trunion with a long, very thin barrel. A true Dragunov is awesome and accurate. These PSL's look cool but tend to change POI quickly as the barrel temp rises. As a wall hanger, it looks cool but it is not a target rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stonewall

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Keep in mind that the Romanian PSL is not a true dragunov. It's a basic RPK receiver and trunion with a long, very thin barrel. A true Dragunov is awesome and accurate. These PSL's look cool but tend to change POI quickly as the barrel temp rises. As a wall hanger, it looks cool but it is not a target rifle.

This ^^^^......

The M1A will shoot rings around the PSL. The PSL is neat. But I would not trade one for a M1A rifle. I'd pass on that offer. I think you would get pissed trying to get good shot groups with the PSL, it's a minute of man rifle.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Honestly, best I remember, even the Russian SVD's requirements were only around 2"groups at 100 meters. Kinda the whole, "Meh, close enough. We'll call that good." I'm not saying they can't shoot better than that, just that the Soviets never intended it as a precision sniper. Just a basic DMR.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I think I have 4 unopened tins of 54r, and a few hundred loose rounds. That's really the main reason I'm considering it.

It's TGI. I don't know if it's an imported rifle or a parts kit build. It is build on a made in Romana receiver.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I think it would be a fun gun to take out for interactive targets. 2 liters, bowling pins, shit like that. Lol

H

Hoss

I think I have 4 unopened tins of 54r, and a few hundred loose rounds. That's really the main reason I'm considering it.

It's TGI. I don't know if it's an imported rifle or a parts kit build. It is build on a made in Romana receiver.
I would get a VEPR 54

Reactions: Shemp and freedom

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
The SVT-40 is a bucket list gun for me. They are awesome pieces of history and prefect conversation pieces. It is, however, an occasional recreational shooter at best and reliability is similar to a German STG-44.

I've got other guns for home defense, would you do it?

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I'm not a whole lotta help on this. None of the Dragunov variants/copies/loose copies do anything for me. The SVT40 doesn't interest me, either. The G43 interests me a bit more, but still not a lot.

Reactions: freedom

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
The SVT-40's seem to be over gassed, or under gassed...

If you want to shoot up your 7.62x54r ammo... LMK, I'll let you barrow my PSL. Just clean it before you give it back to me... :)

Reactions: freedom

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
The SVT-40's seem to be over gassed, or under gassed...

If you want to shoot up your 7.62x54r ammo... LMK, I'll let you barrow my PSL. Just clean it before you give it back to me... :)

The guy is pretty informative. He has the correct gas tool and has it adjusted for 148gr ammo. He says he thinks it has 6 different positions/ports for different weight bullets.

Reactions: Hoss