Tons of .22 cal. - Get ready for small game season! No shortage

GA Firing Line
Status
Not open for further replies.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
My wife memorized 7.62x39, 9mm luger and .22lr (my favorite range ammo) and keeps a little note in her purse on what price not to exceed for each in case she finds any when she goes put shopping during the day when I am at work. Think I'll keep her! :p

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
davevabch, I don't know if it was you who posted it or not, but I recently saw a guy kill a small pig (under 50 lbs.) with a pellet rifle. Now let me clarify. He didn't just kill it. He hit it behind the ear and absolutely dropped it in it's tracks! I was impressed.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
bigdogdaddy said:
davevabch, I don't know if it was you who posted it or not, but I recently saw a guy kill a small pig (under 50 lbs.) with a pellet rifle. Now let me clarify. He didn't just kill it. He hit it behind the ear and absolutely dropped it in it's tracks! I was impressed.

In 1978 I was butchering beef and pork, my job was to kill then bleed then remove the heads. I used a .25 cal penetrating captive bolt pistol, you just put it on the forehead up from the eyes and pull the trigger, they would drop like a rock, hogs are much harder to drop and I often had to use a .22 single shot rifle behind the ears to take them down. They drop like a rock.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
bigdogdaddy said:

Bigdog, that was a Gamo ad. Actually not many airgunners liked the commercial. A 22 cal pellet rifle is really not adequate for a hog. However they now make air rifles in 357. 9mm 50 cal etc.
Here is the all american Benjamin (Crosman) Rogue to give you a idea.

Benjamin Rogue .357 - The world's most powerful production air rifle

http://www.quackenbushairguns.com/

M

mukwah

Daaamm...I had no idea those things would chunk a hunk of lead like that!!! Very impressed!!!

Sent from my Droid RAZR using my trigger finger!

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Bigdog, that was a Gamo ad. Actually not many airgunners liked the commercial. A 22 cal pellet rifle is really not adequate for a hog. However they now make air rifles in 357. 9mm 50 cal etc.
Here is the all american Benjamin (Crosman) Rogue to give you a idea.

I wouldn't pick up an air rifle to kill a pig, but it sure did a number on that little oinker.

Status
Not open for further replies.