Thoughts on a potential 10/22 purchase

Faktory 47
M

mukwah

Nice rifle Verticoli! Glad you shared the link! (Thanks for the save!)

R

rayzer007

I'd like one of those, and I never even was a scout! A good idea for my new grandson (couple of years off, but I think they'll still be around then). Classic firearms never go away!

Ray

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast

briant

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
Orient, OH
Well...I did end up making some purchases over the last few weeks. I bought the 10/22 finger groove sporter. I looked it over one more time and found two small scratches on the stock. We settled at $325 which I thought was fair. By the way...it shoots great (Bigdogdaddy was right...couldnt resist the temptation...it was sitting in the safe just asking to send a few down range)! I also picked up a new 10/22 to shoot so I could keep the mileage off the sporter.

I thought I was done but then I saw a Troy Defense AR in dicks sporting goods that caught my eye. I have been looking for an AR for several months but couldn't find exactly what I wanted...Until now. More than I planned to spend on an AR but man is it fun to shoot.

The good news is after buying the AR my wife wasnt really mad at all about the two 10/22's. Can't say the same about the AR though. I think she will start talking to me again sometime though. Needless to say...no more purchases for me for a long time until I build the gun fund back up :'(

I'll try to get some pics up this week once I figure out how to do it...brian

Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Just enjoy the peace and quiet. My wife quit giving me the silent treatment once she found out I liked it. Just kidding on that........well, kinda. Looking forward to hearing more on the AR and glad you like the 10/22. Ruger has sold about 14 trillion of them so they must have got something right.

briant

Hunter
Jun 9, 2012
Orient, OH
OK...here are the pics...I hope (first time posting pics so hopefully this is right. Not sure if I re-sized them small enough)!

RugerSporter1022.jpg

1966 Finger Groove Sporter 10/22 w/ Monte Carlo Stock

Rug1022.jpg

New 10/22

TroyDefense.jpg

Troy Defense 5.56 Carbine

Still not much conversation coming from the wife...but once again BDD is correct...the silence is kind of nice. Occasionally I'll give her a look like it is bothering me that she won't talk...make her think it is punishment so she doesn't stop!!!

M

mukwah

All 3 Very nice!! ahhh......silence is golden!!!! Tell her you think it"s about time for her to get a new Purse!
I usually don't tell her about a new gun or guns, what she don't know won't hurt her.......or me!