This is why my craft employees aren't allowed to wear jewelry

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA
H

Hoss

It's been a long term policy of mine to not let any employee that works with equipment, climbs ladders, works with wiring, etc... wear metal jewelry.

The picture below shows what a wedding ring does to someone when it gets caught on a ladder rung as they descend. We had this happen to a Digital Tech working in a CEV today. The picture below is not him but is exactly what I saw when I got to the scene.
Don't scroll down if you're squeamish

a4yby7ag.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Amazing that can happen without the skin ripping to pieces. You'd think it wouldn't come off in one piece like that.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Good lawd, damn.

I broke my ankle about 10 years ago, and when the ankle broke and buckled it extended so far that the skin ripped and tore all along the interior edge of my ankle. I was in shock, and though I cut it somehow. Pretty gross.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
Amazing that can happen without the skin ripping to pieces. You'd think it wouldn't come off in one piece like that.
Have you ever skinned a rabbit? As a kid I was pretty good at getting it all off in one single piece.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
There is a company that makes rubber wedding bands, I have been thinking of picking one up to wear at work or when im doing yard work or hunting.

Hunter4life

Woodsman
May 7, 2015
Georgia
There is a company that makes rubber wedding bands, I have been thinking of picking one up to wear at work or when im doing yard work or hunting.
I only wear mine when we are out and about in town or something. Afraid it would fall off hunting or get hung up at work and cause something to happen.

H

Hoss

I only wear mine when we are out and about in town or something. Afraid it would fall off hunting or get hung up at work and cause something to happen.
Amazing how quick it hapoens. One step down the ladder and schlep.... all gone.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Yep, most industry will not allow jewelry of any kind.