The SSCY

American Revival Apparel Company
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mukwah

Very interesting, must have missed previous post. Also missed what caliber, .22,.380?

R

rayzer007

That gun caught my eye on a BudsGunShop auction a few days ago. Looked up the reviews on it and sounds like there are a lot of reliability problems. Didn't realize we had a thread on it. I don't think I would trust it for SD carry.

Ray

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I saw it years ago when it was skyy. They were so bad that they stopped makin 'em for a while is what I heard. Cool gun with some neat inovations and priced right. They just couldn't make 'em reliable.

Small, inexpensive guns are prone to be problematic, even small, expensive guns have issues. My LCP failed on it's first shot right out of the box and my KT PF 9 is being fixed right now. I'm on my third barrel/slide on my LCP. At least my KT made it through 7 or 8 boxes of 9mm before failure.

mukwah said:
Very interesting, must have missed previous post. Also missed what caliber, .22,.380?

9mm

Grandpa1466

Scout
Aug 26, 2012
North Central Texas
I have had one since Feb. I got the CPX-1 2nd generation. The CPX-2 is highly touted but I am just more comfortable with a manual safety. I did have to get the fix for the safety but that was easy. After 800 rounds it has proven very reliable and surprisingly accurate. SCCY has made a lot of improvements with the 2nd gen. The only ammo it doesn't like is the cheap steel cased stuff and the Remington UMC with their hard primers. I am very satisfied with this nice gun and it is my primary carry except in the summer when it stays 100+ degrees and I carry a TCP 738 while wearing shorts and t-shirts.

A

AquaHull

Another Kel-Tec clone, can't anyone else come up with their own ideas?

R

rayzer007

AquaHull said:
Another Kel-Tec clone, can't anyone else come up with their own ideas?

I don't think a clone is necessarily a bad thing. I suppose there are only so many "new" ideas a company can come up with. You can't reinvent the wheel, so to speak. This would especially apply to a lower priced line of guns. They aren't trying to be original, but just get in on the already established market with a weapon that is a proven design that will sell. New designs can be problematic, and take a year or more to prove itself before many people buy into it. Bottom line is Kel-Tec has sold a lot of guns!

Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I just read a comparison of the Solo with the New SCCY second generation. They gave it a very good review and the gun with a few minor changes could very well make "Budget gun of the year". They shot 11 mags with no failures. What was interesting was the fact that it was on par with Solo's accuracy. I have watched a number of independent videos on you tube that show great reliability. I believe as guntest, that the low budget number would very well be that the company does not spend enormous amounts of money into research and development and in my opinion the extremely high cost of advertising. It will be a pistol t watch in the future. They seem to really be going for a nice pistol.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Finally got to hold a SSCY at my lgs. I have to say it really felt good in my hand. Very nice ergonomics. Much better grip than my LC9,. Also a very nice trigger. If I was looking for another sub 9 I would most definitely get this gun. From everything I have read, it is a very underrated pistol and one that is priced to be very affordable.

Read this in Guns and Ammo.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/nice-price-nine-sccy-cpx-2-review/

max

Hunter
Jul 16, 2013
Northern Idaho
I have a CPX-2 with over 2000 rds through it without one hitch. I carry it daily and would recommend it to amyone looking for a inexpensive pistol that reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.