The Ruger SR1911.....you need one.

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Had a little time this evening so I went out and put 50 rounds through the SR 1911 and 50 through the Ruger 10/22. BTW, I am down to bottom of the pile on the .22 long rifle ammo but I am tired of not shooting it. Anyway, from the minute I first shot my 1911 I have been completely obsessed with this gun. I like everything about it. I love it so much that I started reloading just to be able to shoot it more. If you have not had a 1911 this is a good one to start out with. But be warned, it will not be your last.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I have two 1911's so far and I am wanting more. Next will probably either be a Ruger Commander size or a Springfield EMP. Of course many more are on my radar as well. Trigger, you can change those sights you know.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I have a new Ruger commander 45 and I also have a Colt 70 series Mark four.
I haven't had a chance to shoot my new Ruger commander yet but my trigger finger is itching.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
I just have to get out and try that new commander.
Wife has been in and out of hospital and we have doctors appointments about every other day. She starts to feel better now.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Sorry to hear about your wife Rich. I will cut you a little slack since you have a good excuse. But remember, when I got mine, as soon as I got home I went out and shot a stump in the rain just to feel it. Although I killed the stump in one shot, I still pumped a few more in just to make sure it was dead. :D

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Nice Colts Rich! I've got two myself. Great fighting handguns. They feel right in your hand, point well, recoil little, very accurate, and there's a lot to be said about a 230-grain chuck of lead! :)

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Took mine out today again with two nieces. We started out with the LCR.38, and its still firing like a champ. I started shooting with pistols, so getting the hang of a wheel gun took some time. Far as I can tell the main secret is to pull through most of the way, and then fine tune the aim before release. Not a long time, but it really seems to make a big difference. The girls loved it. Next the SR40C, and it shot as usual. Great. I'm carrying it IWB almost every day now, and am really liking having the 16 cartridges on board. Next was the SR1911. I'm using reloads my son Nate makes. 230 grain fmj with ball loads. It does keyhole almost every shot at 10 yards, but what the heck. Doesnt seem to affect acurracy at all, and shoot...i wouldn't like to see the damage one of those would do in a BG. Love that pistol more every time I shoot it. It is my night gun every night on the nightstand right next to me. We finished out withh 100 rounds of pure gold in the SR22SB. Always like to finish with that pistol with newbies cause they get a kick out of no snap. It seems like everyone does great shooting the .45, and the 22. Fun day. I love showing new folks the ropes. Sorta my thing....and I have a lot of new folks shooting now.

jackjr

Woodsman
Jun 10, 2012
framedcraig1 said: It does keyhole almost every shot at 10 yards, but what the heck.

Are you sure that it is keyholing or is the target just tearing. Keyholes are rare at 10 yards with FMJ. We love to shoot our 1911's and the SR makes it to the range quite often. It is one fine looking firearm for the price too.