The real world in concealed carrry

GA Firing Line
Status
Not open for further replies.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
The recent news about a case of where a concealed carry owner had to defend himself from being beaten to death, should be a classic example of how and why we should all train more often. Here was a man that was attacked by a thug. The thug approached his so quickly that the defendant did not even have time to unholster his weapon. The thug was on top of him fast. He would have continued to slam the attackers head into the cement, most probably resulting in death of the victim. It was most fortunately that the victim was smart enough to carry a weapon, and by the grace of God, was able to draw that weapon and save his life as the attacker continued the deadly blows to the victims head.

This should be a lesson. Training at home, training daily to get the gun out of your holster quickly is of utmost importance. I was reading in a gun mag this morning about the 2x2 drill. A drill where a small index card is placed 15-20 feet away and you quickly draw your weapon and shoot. This is a drill, I practice often at home with a air pistol. In real life, you will not have much time. Train often, get fast, get smart. Get a air pistol.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
My next air guns will be a self defense style airguns. That 1911 airsoft pistols I bought my grandson was pretty cool.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Rich, as you may know, I ordered the very popular Tanfoglio Witness 1911. The gun that breaks down like a 1911 and can even use 1911 parts. However it is again backordered and I have ordered the custom version with better sights etc. I will have to work hard at removing the gaudy logo. The only thing I do not like about the pistol

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Blackwater_BW1911_R2_CO2_Pistol/3227

By the way here is a interesting article on the new training by the FBI, with a focus on close quarter shooting.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2013/06/20/new-fbi-handgun-training/

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Here is a great concealed carry pistol trainer and probably one of the very best buys in airguns. This view is shared by many of the experts. I have had mine for years and it still will chrony like it did the first day I received it. It is a great trainer with a very nice trigger. It makes a great trainer because it is close to the same size and weight of many sub or compact carry weapons that many of use like the LC9 etc. At ironically it is only $59,00. with great quality.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Makarov_CO2_BB_Pistol/1797

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Well Dave looks like I will have to start looking for a BB pistol. They are real cool looking pistols.

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Due to recent events, it is obvious that training now becomes more serious than ever. Heck of a time for a ammo shortage. I really need to do more training with my LCP and LC9. I'm down to one box of 380.

Sassi

Hunter
Mar 7, 2010
Middle Georgia
This information here is something we all need to study and practice more on. I am convinced that I need to buy a CO2 BB gun for cheap practice where I can get the basics resolved, before I spend good money on live ammo. I am leaning toward finding, and buying the Makarov version since it is closer to the type of gun I will be carrying.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
We picked up several spring and CO2 Airsoft pistols with .20 gram biodegradable pellets. Training with these can be as vigorous as you'd like. As creative as you'd like. The beauty of it is you can do it in a postage stamp back yard with adequate neighbor protecting backstops.
Luckily we're not quite that restricted, but my Walther P99 delivers great accuracy and you can dance and shoot with it till your body tells you to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.