The Push for Gun Control

Faktory 47

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Not to get into Politics too much, but the pushing for more gun control is alarming. I find myself wanting to buy more guns in case of gun control and I know that the NRA and my local group called BamaCarry is always pushing for the rights to bear arms and the right to conceal in public places. My Local group makes sure to take action with the Attorney General if a local public area has a no firearm sign up. Even at some businesses have been forced to remove the signs.

I have a friend at work that is not a conspiracy person but he asked, what been on TV lately in the news. If you want to know it was Hillary Clinton's email servers and if she broke the law and the strange call from the FBI. He then stated that they wanted to change the headlines so they made them change with a attack. Do you really think that the government is behind the attack to take the heat off of Clinton?

I am unsure but I also have the feeling that I would not put it past them. The Democrats are pushing hard for heavy gun control and it makes me think they are adding fuel to the fire. I think this has been a very messy hard year for all Americans and even our brothers across the world with attacks but I am unsure if anyone truly understands whats happening and who is behind the attacks. I know everyone says ISIS and that may be true but is it always the truth that we are being told. We know our government will not disclose things if they think its public safety like blackops.

With that said this is not a political debate and its just a way for me to express my concerns, feel free to talk and discuss but lets not make it a debate and if you have different feelings I would love to hear them, i guess I am just trying to get some comfort from my fellow gun owners.

Before I end, If you do not know I am trying (in the middle of interviews) become a LEO, Officer of the Law, I stand by Police Officers, The job they(we) do is very hard and remember we are coming into a situation without knowing anything. I support all Law officers and If you follow the commands of the officer it will go smoother.
Dallas is in my heart and I feel for the families that lost a love one that night.

Sarge

Woodsman
Jun 15, 2012
Florida
Hi Cooper!

Well, IMO your post certainly is political, but I don't have a problem with that. Anyway, your friend's conspiracy theory that our government is behind the recent attacks, to divert news coverage from Hillary's email server scandal, is total BS.

Also, your comment about the Democrats pushing hard for gun control, although true if your talking about the Democrat Party, is not representative of all Democrats. For the record, I'm a slightly right of center Republican. However, most of my friends are slightly left of center Democrats...and almost all of them own guns, are staunch supporters of the 2nd Amendment, and members of the NRA.

IMO, when folks (and I'm not talking personally about you my forum friend) say that all liberals/Democrats are anti gun, and all conservatives/Republicans are pro gun, may not be entirely true. Just my thoughts.

Hey, you are doing a great job with overhauling this forum! Keep up the good work!

Sarge
Aka Chris

Reactions: 2 people

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
Hey Chris,
I say non political because I'm not republican or democratic. But republicans aren't in office at the moment either.
I just fear that Hilary is not the right choice and picking between them is like trying to the two of lesser evils.

I just found guns in my life and enjoy then so for someone to take them away would be very bad for me plus I'm working on becoming a leo pray for me to get the job then pray for me on the job.

bmags

Hunter
Jul 8, 2016
Tennessee
Interesting group of friends you got there Sarge. Most of my friends who are left leaning also don't have guns and lean toward anti gun arguments. Haven't run into any on the left that are 2A supporters and gun owners, at least not in person. But who knows, maybe guns will be the one thing the left and right can agree on and unite behind.

Reactions: 2 people