The new Remora halftop

Howard Law

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Ok, I have two of the Remora's with the reenforced top and really do not like the extra thickness. I have another Remora for my SR9c that does not have the reenforced top.(so much more comfortable) So what to do with the one's I don't like. On one, I just took a razor blade and cut and pulled it out. (I crumbled the plastic into into smaller pieces before the cut by squeezing and twisting. Doing that alone made the holster nicer.? Then glued back together Bingo!
Next one, I crumbled, then only cut one side,(the side closest to the skin and pulled out the plastic material on ONE side only. Now that made the perfect Remora! The best of both worlds. Thinner but easier to draw and re- holster.
The Remora half top!

By the way, want to see a portrait of beauty worthy of hanging over your fire place?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bearcreekholsters/sets/72157632211367536/

R

rayzer007

All I can say Dave is if you ever decide to go into the holster making business, Remora and Bear Creek are going to get some serious competition! 8) ;)

Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
rayzer007 said:
All I can say Dave is if you ever decide to go into the holster making business, Remora and Bear Creek are going to get some serious competition! 8) ;)

Ray

LOL! I doubt they are losing any sleep over me.I guess I am like a lot o guys, just never really found the perfect holster. Plus it gives me some thing to do. (you should see some of the Pellet traps I have made.) I just like to have fun with it. Yesterday, I searched sticky materials on the web and was really impressed with some of the materials that are out there.. I saw where one guy made a holster out of a mouse pad. The guys like "Bear Creek" an" Remora", are true craftsman. Me, just a tinkerer, There are many hobbies within the hobby of shooting guns. I love this sport

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Since things are slow, maybe we should have a ugly holster contest. One made out of a mouse pad, maybe Duck tape. velcro. Got any suggestions?

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
rayzer007 said:
Thanks for posting that link Dave. I NEVER get tired of looking at beautiful holsters - and they are indeed works of art worthy of hanging over a fireplace. The photography in and of itself is even extremely well done!

Ray

Yes, the guy certainly has a God Given talent. Heck I can't even draw a straight line. The photo does have a way of capturing the viewer. Would make a great screen saver.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
lws380 said:
davevabch said:
Ok, I know you all have been sitting on the edge of your seat for a mouse pad holster. Cost $1.00, So I did my research and found this just for you!

How to Make a One-Dollar Pocket Holster

That is about 99 cents to much! :D

Ok, so I over estimated. Cost is 1 cent! Sell them at 2 cents and double your money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Shipping and handling only $11.95 delivered to your door.
Rush orders add $49.00

R

rayzer007

Bottom line is the guy who made it was happy with it, and himself - I really thought it was a great little idea! Those types of experiments are fun craft ideas, that serve a valid purpose too! 8)

Ray

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
One thing I would do is sew it and not use staples. I would sew it whete he has the staples and 1/4 inch from the cut edges too. I would think a regular sewing machine would sew it or get an over sized needle with some nylon thread and hand sew.

R

rayzer007

lws380 said:
One thing I would do is sew it and not use staples. I would sew it whete he has the staples and 1/4 inch from the cut edges too. I would think a regular sewing machine would sew it or get an over sized needle with some nylon thread and hand sew.

I thought the same thing Doug. I have impaled myself on staples that were coming apart, and it ain't a pleasant thing!

Ray

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
Trigger_1 said:
Looks like he just wanted to do it quickly.... ::)
I would have sewed it up too...Not that much harder to do.... :-\

Yea, plenty of time alright, sure not doing any shooting lately.