The most important election of our time for the second amendment

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
This years president election has left us with two less than stellar choices to make. Come November we will all hopefully be heading to the polls in what will undoubtedly be the most important election of our lifetimes. Perhaps maybe for our kids and their children as well. No matter what way you lean you need to understand that if you love your second amendment, you will want to vote Republican. By voting the Republican Party candidate you are ensuring a conservative slew of Supreme Court Justice will be appointed to setup protections for centuries to come.

Make sure you're getting out and voting this year!

LucyK

Scout
Aug 12, 2016
I have to agree, there is no way to vote for the democratic party this time and voting third party just lessens the chance of a trump victory come november.

As a polysci major, I can tell you first hand just what terrible choices either of these candidates are for the future of America, but it is what we are left with. Not a chance in the world I would ever vote for Hillary Clinton come November. But Trump is just as terrible on a personal level, but I do believe he will protect my rights better than Clinton (on more than just the second amendment too). So thats why I'm voting republican come election time.

~ZENAS~

Tracker
Mar 14, 2016
My belief is that we can endure 4 years of anyone. So my policy is to vote for the candidate who will put appropriate justices on the supreme court and judges on federal benches. Those appointments are lifetime appointments and a single justice can do a lot of damage over their lifetime (I'm looking at you Earl Warren and William Brennan). So as much as I can't even stand to hear Donald Trump talk, he really is the only logical choice to preserve our rights.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
While I agree that Trump is way more likely to nominate/appoint conservative judges to the SCOTUS, I'm curious how everyone feels about the Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson. I know what everyone says, "A vote for a libertarian is a vote for Hillary". If you're focused more on doing what you must to ensure the other side loses then I suppose it is. The moral side of me says my vote should be for the individual that I believe is best suited, and qualified to run this country and protect our rights; as well as aligns best with my beliefs. Gary Johnson is far more qualified, with an actual track record to prove it, than either Trump or Hillary. While my desire to defeat Hillary still has me on the fence between Trump and Johnson, he would be a great option.

In short, I think that if all the people that liked Libertarian ideas and Johnson's record, but are too afraid Hillary will win, would actually vote for him I think we may have a surprising election. That fear of letting another Democrat/Liberal win is what will keep us locked into this two party system that has screwed up America to the point it is already. Thoughts?

Bob Harris

Scout
Aug 18, 2016
My opinion is any vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote for Hillary. You may feel that "Darn it I am voting for principal". To you I say this is not the election to do that.

RangerTim

Rangers Lead The Way!
Feb 17, 2016
[QUOTE="Bob Harris]My opinion is any vote for anyone other than Trump is a vote for Hillary. You may feel that "Darn it I am voting for principal". To you I say this is not the election to do that.

[/QUOTE]
Perhaps...but I recall the same statements in the last two election. "Now is not the time...."

Brings to mind the quote, "If not me, who? If not now, when?"

Randy (OHGO)

Woodsman
Feb 6, 2016
I will be voting for the major party candidate the is a supporter of the Constitution, the way it was written not the progressive way it is being interpreted today. IMHO any vote for a 3rd party candidate is a vote for the major party that you like the least.

Cutty II

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
It is vital that "We The People" vote to keep our Constitutional rights from being trampled on any more than they already have...."Shall Not Be Infringed"...Carry on people and be safe doing so.