The Media just can't help being stupid

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/16/charlie-blackmore-marine-veteran-draws-gun_n_2891176.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl8%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D284796

OK. Here's an article from the Huffington Post. Yes, I read the Huff, just like I watch a certain clown on HBO each week. It's to keep up with what they're up to. Hardly a fan, it comes down a bit of masochism, perhaps. Anyway the Huff starts out how a former Marine stops a brutal beating. Then they succumb to their usual political views and run a bit at the bottom comparing him to notorious vigilantes.

So if I interrupt some thug beating up a helpless person on the street and stop him would I care about being called a vigilante? Nope. In SC we have a Castle Defense Law that makes it legal for me to do so, something the folks in the Media and certain politicians disagree with. Too bad.

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
http://thestory.org/

npm on npr They just had a first person story of a teacher who got a colt officers model .45 out of his truck and stoppped a murderer on campus Very comeplling and not like the crap that's often linked. Why waste time on stuff that should just be fushed away?

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Along with the Huff... This month's Rolling Stone did an article on the business of AR-15's.

To summarize: They state that we're killing ourselves and each other with these guns for nothing more important than corporate profits and NRA greed.

It would be good if they regarded drugs with such disdain.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
3Coyotes said:
Along with the Huff... This month's Rolling Stone did an article on the business of AR-15's.

To summarize: They state that we're killing ourselves and each other with these guns for nothing more important than corporate profits and NRA greed.

It would be good if they regarded drugs with such disdain.
LOL. You betcha! I also noted tha 2 people got shot dead and 15 or something wounded in Chicago this weekend. I doubt any of that was corporate profits or any NRA greed involved. It was just another business weekend for the thug gangs and drug dealers. Wait until the weather warms up, then things will really start popping.

R

rayzer007

Slowhand said:
Wait until the weather warms up, then things will really start popping.

Oh yeah. The ghetto style now has the pants hand-held below the underwear; and that's when it's cold out!

Ray

TRIGGER_1

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
Athens, GA USA
Rayzer.......Where do they hide a gun when their pants are half way down..... :-\

I have to go to Chicago this summer and I need to be on the ready for bad guys.... ;)

R

rayzer007

Trigger_1 said:
Rayzer.......Where do they hide a gun when their pants are half way down..... :-\
I have to go to Chicago this summer and I need to be on the ready for bad guys.... ;)

In the hoodie hand warmer pouch across their stomach.
I haven't heard that Chicago has enacted anything of the mandate to allow concealed carry weapons; or what other states they would honor. Mayor Rahm Emmanuel is vowing to fight it every inch of the way. Meanwhile the criminals are having a heyday murdering people. I have a stepson there, and refuse to visit him for that very reason.

Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
rayzer007 said:
Meanwhile the criminals are having a heyday murdering people. I have a stepson there, and refuse to visit him for that very reason.
I have a nephew and his wife who live in the Chicago area (a few miles north of the Loop) and I won't go there to visit except for a day-trip. They like to go into the downtown area and I won't do that.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Last time I was in Chicago was in 1985 doing a municipality trade show, I was there for 4 days and 3 nights. That was enough to last me a lifetime. I never plan on going back.