Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I kinda like this idea but I'm not 100% sold on it. I do think that it is pretty cool though. I really like the fact that it can be put on alert mode for while I'm at the house and only have it alert me if it is tampered with but still be able to just pick it up and rack the slide to be able to eject it and have the gun ready to go. What do y'all think?

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I like my guns just the way they are.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I get the motivation behind the idea, but how many of our dads kept the guns locked away from us when we were small?

By the time I was 8 I had a .22 and a .410 under my bed.
Me too, actually I slept with my model 60 and the 410 was in the corner of my bedroom.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I get the motivation behind the idea, but how many of our dads kept the guns locked away from us when we were small?

By the time I was 8 I had a .22 and a .410 under my bed.

I did as well, but todays world we live in isn't necessarily the same as the one that you and I grew up in. With 3 small kids in my house now I don't want to become the DA's wet dream come true. I am in no way saying that I think any type of regulation on how one stores their personal property. What I am saying is I think it's a cool idea for people like me who have an extremely mischievous 3 year old running around who likes to get into everything but doesn't want to have to lock their primary HD weapon up until the toddler gets old enough to be able to comprehend gun safety to the point that I trust that I can leave a pistol on a high shelf or my dresser and not have to worry about the kid getting to it.

Like I said in the OP, I like the idea but I'm still not 100% sold on it yet.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I will watch it again when I can actually hear it.

But from watching the video it looks like a interesting concept. I don't think I would ever use it but I do see it being a easily secured way to access your gun. But I feel that teaching proper gun safety would do a lot better in the long run. So with that being said I will continue to make sure my gun is easily within my reach and that my boy knows that it is not a toy.

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
My dad just kept his out of reach. He's pretty tall so it was easy for him to obtain it quickly. Then again, my room had the most storage space in the house. I had probably over 4 different guns in my closet.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
What good does it do to know that your gun moved when you are away?

Was kinda wondering the same. For me it would only really be useful when I'm home. I don't really see this necessarily as a good alternative to a safe, more for extra piece of mind while I'm home and the little ones are running around. I really just worry about my 3yo nephew who is a fucking wild child.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Having a 5 month old daughter really makes me think about this stuff more and more. Until her I had a Glock on the coffee table, Glock on the night stand, FN on the table next to the counter, 12 ga..... You get the idea. I've been trying to figure out a way to keep one at the ready without compromising her safety. I can dig it. I want to actually see it first though.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I've been trying to figure out a way to keep one at the ready without compromising her safety. I can dig it. I want to actually see it first though.
Carry a pistol on your person in a holster that has a retaining mechanism and put the rest in a safe place that is inaccessible to little ones.

Reactions: Rwjeter