The best range time pocket carry?

GA Firing Line

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I was reading the Boberg website and the ad stated a great pocket carry and great range gun. "Two guns in one". I have the LCP and from experience know that this is not a pistol that will handle a lot of range time. So, since the ammo shortage is here, and I won't be spending money on ammo, primers etc, I thought I would start saving for a decent pocket pistol that will handle a lot of range time. I saw a article on the New Colt mustang that said they developed the pistol to handle about 10,000 rds. So I'm leaning toward that pistol or maybe a sig 238. I doubt any polymer pistol that small can handle the stress. Any suggestions?

10,000 rd torture test

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2012/11/02/pretty-little-pony-colt-mustang-pocketlite-review/

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Personally I do not think pocket pistols are range guns. Most small guns are not that fun to shoot IMO. I don't think it is a matter of the gun holding up as it is my hand and fingers shooting the little suckers. I shoot mine to make sure they function correctly, then I clean them and carry them. For lots of shooting I get out the bigger guns or the .22's. Love my XD service model 9mm for that, and you can shoot it all day and not have any problems.

I'm glad Redmond can pocket carry the XDsc 9mm. I does not work for be. My XDsc 9mm is a great shooter and fun to shoot and very accurate. But I don't classify it as a pocket gun. Maybe in large cargo pants but that is about it.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
lws380 said:
Personally I do not think pocket pistols are range guns. Most small guns are not that fun to shoot IMO. I don't think it is a matter of the gun holding up as it is my hand and fingers shooting the little suckers. I shoot mine to make sure they function correctly, then I clean them and carry them. For lots of shooting I get out the bigger guns or the .22's. Love my XD service model 9mm for that, and you can shoot it all day and not have any problems.

I'm glad Redmond can pocket carry the XDsc 9mm. I does not work for be. My XDsc 9mm is a great shooter and fun to shoot and very accurate. But I don't classify it as a pocket gun. Maybe in large cargo pants but that is about it.

I would have to disagree. I believe a carry gun should get a lot of time on the range. A couple of guys at my local range get together one night a week and challange each other with their Sig 238's and a deck of playing cards. The LCP is a tough nut to crack, but after many rounds, it was almost fun to shoot. Yes, they are all a challenge, but that is part of the allure. It the Colt can handle a 10,000 torture test, then that may be the gun for me.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I must have been dreaming when I posted about shooting any gun up to 10,000 rds. LOL! who the hell is going to get that much range time with any ammo nowadays? Think I will just keep the LCP and maybe shoot it occasionally.