Terror with Pinky!

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast

Cute friend and a suprising skillfull shooter. Most significantly are the targets at the end. Lower middle is her first time shooting a Glock, a 26. And first time shooting a 9mm, I belive. Look at that group! Upper middle, first time with a .40, a 27. Middle left target, first time with a .45, Glock 36. Upper left, she said, "I'll shoot the 8!". A glock 23 with a laser. I called her Mrs Gaston. ;)

We had a great time.
The Beatles - Happiness Is A Warm Gun (2009 Stereo Remaster)

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Your friend is getting right lethal with those shots. Great stuff. My range partner's wife is a dead shot, who went back after 30 years and got a CWP. Thanks for the range report.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
I tried to show her some things and she just kept hitting the target! ;) I guess that's what made Glock what it is; the easy trasition from a revolver. My first shot with her little Taurus .22 snub missed by quite a bit, so she's used to a deliberate trigger

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Verticoli said:
.... so she's used to a deliberate trigger
Now, if she's interested in self-defense, you need to teach her "double-tap" technique. The very slow shooting is OK for sport, of course, but not for combat. She may need to add a new set of skills to her repertoire.

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
SkipD said:
Verticoli said:
.... so she's used to a deliberate trigger
Now, if she's interested in self-defense, you need to teach her "double-tap" technique. The very slow shooting is OK for sport, of course, but not for combat. She may need to add a new set of skills to her repertoire.

Yes, she'll have to grow into that a bit. When we shot the LCP, I brought the target in close enough to touch and just blasted the thing. "That's too close", she says. So, we were just enjoying shooting for the sake of shooting.

I actually did some combat shooting and when we looked at the target I'd say, "I wasn't trying that hard", lol.

btw, she has a marksman ribbon from '92 on an m16. I'm tring to get her to join our forum, contribute and have fun.

R

rayzer007

Verticoli said:
I'm tring to get her to join our forum, contribute and have fun.

That would be most welcome! I think we only have one female member - nuilocson - and she was never really active.

Ray

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
As Verticoli wrote, she's going to have to grow into it. He'll have to ease her into the transition from paper targets and that poised stance type shooting to defensive training and shooting, in his own way. Going from just plain old enjoying shooting to some serious regimented personal defense is a whole different mindset.

Just throwing up a paper silhouette target at 7 Yards and then getting into a description of center mass target shooting, along with head shots, two shot drills and all the stuff us old folks take for granted, scares the heck out of some more gentle kind of people.

I go to the local ranges some times, run a target down range about 7 yards. Then I start slapping holes into center mass and head shots. No Marquis of Queensbury Rules,no thrills or frills, just serious stuff. I have gotten some interesting questions from some folks who recognized what they were seeing and were not amused. Sure I go target shooting a lot but other times it's strictly business.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
It only happen to me once but I was practicing double tapping when I noticed this guy staring at me in a offsetting way. Or he just may have been amused at a salt andd pepper bearded camo wearing guy wondering if I made duck calls or something. :p

Verticoli

Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
Oh, we had these cool bullets, too. 1,200 fps 124 grain JHPs.

001-7.jpg

That's Litttle Pinky with her Widerness Safe Packer

A better pic of LP

ppinky.jpg

Btw, we finally had a good outing with LP. She had a big glob of carbon under the extractor and had been acting up. I picked at it with a dental pick and then did a detail strip of the slide.

The thing is, I like these cute little guns and shoot 'em a lot. I'm on my third LCP and need to send back my second KT PF9. The little RAMI has 800 or so rounds down range and the only issue is I didn't clean the extractor.