TEOTWAWKI

GA Firing Line

Bypass

Arrrgghh!!! I'm a pirate.
Mar 25, 2015
Chatsworth, Georgia
Zip code
Are you prepared? You have water, food, and ammunition?

I need to work on the whole food situation but I think I have everything else covered for the most part. The worst thing for me will be running out of cigarettes.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
No one is truly prepared because no one could possibly anticipate all the possibilities of what it might look like.

I feel like I've developed a skill set throughout my life that would lead me to fair pretty well, but who knows. How much food could you possibly store? Eventually you'd have to be hunting, farming, trading, etc. Those are the skills that I think will allow someone to thrive. Assuming you survive the initial chaos. So being able to fight and defend will be key.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
No one is truly prepared because no one could possibly anticipate all the possibilities of what it might look like.

I feel like I've developed a skill set throughout my life that would lead me to fair pretty well, but who knows. How much food could you possibly store? Eventually you'd have to be hunting, farming, trading, etc. Those are the skills that I think will allow someone to thrive. Assuming you survive the initial chaos. So being able to fight and defend will be key.
Imagine a broken leg, the flu, abscessed tooth, bronchitis, cavities, a simple infection.

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
Imagine a broken leg, the flu, abscessed tooth, bronchitis, cavities, a simple infection.
yeah, you definitely shouldn't get ANY of those. Now I've got to make friends with a veterinarian They have all the good stuff.

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code

Meh. I have a Glock 19 and a gallon of apple cider vinegar. I'm ready for anything. Bring on the zombies!

In truth I would probably puss out and eat a JHP in the first 24hrs.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
It wouldn't be nearly as romantic as a lot of people think it would be.

Nope. If you're within 20 miles of the perimeter then you likely won't survive the first month of lawlessness. If you're inside the perimeter and can't get out....well I don't care how much stuff you have all you've done is made yourself a target.
The movie The Road has got to be one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen but likely paints a pretty realistic picture of a true post apocalyptic world.

Prepare as well s you can...the best weapon you have is the gray matter between your ears.

The best plan is to leave the metro as early as possible. I plan on getting a 100 gallon auxiliary tank for my mechanical diesel truck which should give me a range of over 2000 miles. In a pinch I can run it on used trans fluid and motor oil/kerosene.

Glock 21

Woodsman
Mar 26, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Honestly I don't have the room to store all the food or water needed. I stock ammo and guns for my TEOTWAWKI. Ill either find a group to join or have to take my chances at taking what I need.

Reactions: Mac11FA
H

Hoss

Is it weird that I have a 48' container full of 1970's 3xpir3d vasoline "just in case"?

Reactions: Mac11FA

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Food and smokes would be my biggest issue. I may not be prepared for the end of the world. I feel I am prepared for an event of civil unrest and capable of defending my domicile. I too believe you cannot be fully prepared for every situation, especially SHTF. It will take a group of folks to band together to endure that. A nuclear winter will probably not be survivable by many.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
.22 ammo will be worth it's weight in gold! Should be able to get a tooth pulled for the price of 15.rounds.