Ted Nugent vs Piers Mogan

GA Firing Line

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Snopes has proven to not be a reliable source for much of anything. I believe that is from a story in High Times magazine when Ted Nugent was basically B.S.ing the interviewer much to the delight of his fellow band members. I do not know what is true and what isn't, but seriously, do you really believe even half of that nonsense? While there is not much doubt that at one point he had a student exemption of sorts, the rest is just not really known.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
I tend to not get real worked up over long-past anti-Viet Nam tactics. TN is quite the carnival barker and I believe he told the story exactly as Snopes has it. To me, +1 BDD, it's good humor, not a indictment other than he probably doesn't have a lot of faith in the government then or now.

Tarheel

Hunter
…yep, Nugent interviewed in fine style. Unfortunately, Ted is rogue, obnoxious, self-destructive, lacks basic social skills, quasi-violent at times, defiant, a bully, rebellious, callous, authoritarian…well, you get the message. I suppose those attributes are why I like the guy ;).

Tarheel

...and Morgan can bite my behind...the guy has no talent and it is obvious...hey, CNN, time to wake up and smell the roses (or donkey poop in this case)...

Verticoli

Personal philosophy? Clothing optional.
Jun 10, 2012
Fl's west coast
In 1977 Ted said it and I read it. No respect for the guy since 1977. Deferment and a failed physical. Nothing but a chicken hawk.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
The only Nugent experience I can truly relate to was that he was second billing at a Deep Purple concert at Cloverleaf Speedway in Valley View Ohio. Don't remember the date to save my life.

The short story was that all but a fraction of the equipment used by the bands got lost in transit. Minimal stuff for them to play with. Regardless of the snafu, the whole raceway, stands, track, and infield was jammed with fans. The opening act announced they were going to pass on on playing with the available equipment. The crowd was not pleased. Nugent went on, declared the people deserved to be entertained and proceeded to rock his as* off. You could tell some power was missing, but he kept going. During his "set" Deep Purple announced they would cancel as well.

Ted kept wailing for over two hours and left the crowd lathered up. He's an entertainer, a crowd pleaser, and a polarized public figure. Don't really matter because the fans at that raceway were won over... and not by Deep Purple who they really went to see.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Tarheel said:
…yep, Nugent interviewed in fine style. Unfortunately, Ted is rogue, obnoxious, self-destructive, lacks basic social skills, quasi-violent at times, defiant, a bully, rebellious, callous, authoritarian…well, you get the message.

Yes. That sounds like him.

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
Tarheel said:
…yep, Nugent interviewed in fine style. Unfortunately, Ted is rogue, obnoxious, self-destructive, lacks basic social skills, quasi-violent at times, defiant, a bully, rebellious, callous, authoritarian…well, you get the message. I suppose those attributes are why I like the guy ;).

Tarheel

...and Morgan can bite my behind...the guy has no talent and it is obvious...hey, CNN, time to wake up and smell the roses (or donkey poop in this case)...

And you like this guy??? Me too. LOL

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I think what I find amusing about him is that he seems to be "in on it". Like Gene Simmons from Kiss, some of him and Ted's act seems to me to be a little tongue in cheek.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I think what a lot of folks are missing is the idea is to sell the public on gun rights. While Nugent obviously had his fans cheer, and had great talking points, he did nothing to help the cause. Why, because he lost major points when he goes to the extreme, when he starts name calling and foul language. Anyone listening on the other side of the issue would just dismiss him, as he fills there already narrow minded views and perceptions that gun owners are a bunch of foul rednecks. Scoring points is when you convince the other side to see your point of view. If Nugent would tone himself down, stop the name calling etc. he would be a great speaker. His goal should be to sell his product to the people who do not have his product, not to sell to the customer who has already bought.

Cooper

Woodsman
Mar 6, 2010
Alabama USA
I think that the "time to talk" about this issue is coming to an end. The majority of the anti-gun folks will never be "talked" into changing their minds. Facts don't mean squat to them. I'm personally tired of "talking" about it.

I only have one word for the anti-gunners and that is NO.

Resist

L.H.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I have to agree. Although I am ok with universal background checks in theory, I am to the point where I am done saying yes to anything. I am against giving one more inch.

M

mukwah

Pretty much the universal concencus among gun owners at this point. I think we are all ready to stand our ground and fight the fight. The line has been drawn, sides have been chosen, and the ball is in their court. I say bring it on.

davevabch

Frontiersman
Jun 9, 2012
I say fight but fight smart. While I am a member of the NRA and have been for over 50 years, I think they really do need new leadership. First of all, they need to spend more money in a New Public Relations company. Tell Wayne L to shut up. He is a lousy speaker and a terrible salesman. Start showing ads of all the good things that the NRA does, like the center stone of gun safety and responsible gun ownership. Start ads showing all the NRA family and youth events across America. Get a articulate central speaker that knows how to persuade the opposition, can show empathy for the opposing side and then come back and show why the NRA is there to help. In the world we live in, there will always be a "give and take". Quite being so obvious on the attacks on Obama. It does no good,after all he was elected by a majority. (keep your friends close and your enemies closer). When the pic came out of him trap shooting, I would have congratulated him on showing how that is just one aspect of the many forms of this enjoyable sport instead of a all out attack on him, the NRA could have used that pic for their advantage. MAKE THE NRA THE HERO AND CORNER STONE OF GUN SAFETY AND RESPONSIBLE GUN OWNERSHIP.

3Coyotes

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Effington, Ohio
Adaptablilty is a cornerstone of survival. The NRA image does need to to freshened and re-aimed to promote and not alienate members and the public-at-large.

I agree that the NRA is still our best defense, but it can sound like it is speaking, myopically, only unto itself and not to the public-at-large. If membership perception is showing a loss of belief, the rest of the population is probably well ahead of that curve.