GA Firing Line

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416673930.986798.jpg

Taurus throws gun owners a curve? Yes that crazy innovative gun manufacture in South America has yet again made an attempt to innovate the handgun, this time to reduce "imprinting" while CCW'ing. The Taurus "Curve" has a curved grip. Retail of $392, this new entry in the CCW industry will throw a curve in the debate for best CCW gun. Personally I think it's yet another gimmick in a long line of Taurus gimmick guns. Remember the See-Thru gun?

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/?p=72467 /?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=ddolbee&utm_campaign=20141122-chronicle1122-tauruscurveintroduction

StevoD

Hunter
Sep 13, 2014
Springboro Ohio
I have never been a huge fan of Taurus. Pistols fee cheap from my taste. However I do like the flexibility of the Judge. But we all know that is not deal for CCWing!

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
I own one Taurus firearm. its a .357 Mag. bought it just for the house. Im more into semi autos

Ive only owned 2 Tauruses. One was a ported 4" stainless .357 mag. Very nice smooth shooting gun. Nice balance and weight. I also owned a 2 1/2" stainless Judge. Both were decent guns, but I'm not a Taurus fan. So i sold one and gave the other as a gift.

KC CROCKETT

Hunter
Jan 1, 2015
OHIO
Yeah it was a bit heavy to be a carry gun, and I'm not a fan of revolvers as a carry gun, but it's great for someone who can't manipilate a semi auto very well as a home defense gun.

i dont really carry revolvers either, but im not one to go for smaller/lighter guns for carry. most people i know went through the "380 phase" it was cute. a whole bunch of guys carryin' around the smallest guns they could get their hands on and hardl hold because they were that small. im glad i wasnt one of em. i dont follow people when it comes to design, trends, and what other people have. for instance, when everone was carryin' the Ruger LCP around, i was still carryin' a desert eagle. i think the cute phase is comin back around, glock came out with a 380, The Glock 42.

Reactions: dougiemac

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
i dont really carry revolvers either, but im not one to go for smaller/lighter guns for carry. most people i know went through the "380 phase" it was cute. a whole bunch of guys carryin' around the smallest guns they could get their hands on and hardl hold because they were that small. im glad i wasnt one of em. i dont follow people when it comes to design, trends, and what other people have. for instance, when everone was carryin' the Ruger LCP around, i was still carryin' a desert eagle. i think the cute phase is comin back around, glock came out with a 380, The Glock 42.

Yeah, I have 2 Sig P238's. My wife carries one and I have one to "deep conceal" when I have too at concerts, sporting events, etc. However I think I'm going to replace it with my Ruger LCR 38 +P for deep conceal.

I started a thread called, "What's your everyday carry" that I'd love to see your EDC. My EDC is a G19 (primary) and a G26 (secondary).

Reactions: KC CROCKETT

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
I owned a Judge for a short time. Shot well and no issues.