Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Does anybody locally carry any Taran Tactical Innovations base pads? Looking for a +2 base pad and spring for my wifes new G42. Just checking before I order online. They want almost $10 for shipping on the Taran Tactical website.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Does anybody locally carry any Taran Tactical Innovations base pads? Looking for a +2 base pad and spring for my wifes new G42. Just checking before I order online. They want almost $10 for shipping on the Taran Tactical website.

This is where me and some of the guys at work will try to build up a Midway/Aim/Where ever order and split the shipping costs. I need some high AR scope rings at the moment, but I'm not ordering just the scope rings because shipping is too much dang money.

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
This is where me and some of the guys at work will try to build up a Midway/Aim/Where ever order and split the shipping costs. I need some high AR scope rings at the moment, but I'm not ordering just the scope rings because shipping is too much dang money.

Yeah, I don't need anything else from Taran Tactical though. I might see if I can find it on a different site that I can add something else to the order so that I'm not paying $10 shipping on a $30 order.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Yeah, I don't need anything else from Taran Tactical though. I might see if I can find it on a different site that I can add something else to the order so that I'm not paying $10 shipping on a $30 order.
If it would make you feel better I could send in my Benelli for them to upgrade and you could just pay for that and your base pads. Then you wouldn't have to feel so bad about shipping! ;)

I think I saw some at stoddards though. But you're probably be better off paying the $10 shipping. They seem to have gotten high here lately.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Check out hyve technology, I was happy with the baseplate I got from them.

I just looked and they have a +2 baseplate but they don't offer a spring for it. Is a new spring really necessary? I would think it would be but I could be wrong.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I just looked and they have a +2 baseplate but they don't offer a spring for it. Is a new spring really necessary? I would think it would be but I could be wrong.
I have a taran and a hyve and both work fine with the stock spring

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Check out strike industries. I ordered mag extension for G43 of theirs off Amazon. Didn't see Glock 42 at Amazon but hereven it is at their website.

http://www.strikeindustries.com/shop/index.php/si-enhanced-magazine-plate-for-glock42.html

I had looked at the Strike Industries but my wife says that "they are ugly". I guess she likes the looks of the Taran Tactical and Hyve Technologies stuff better. Her hand fits perfect on the G42 so she doesn't really need any texturing on the base pad anyways.

Reactions: Mac11FA

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Was just ordering some stuff from Galloway Precision for my LCP II and found this +1 kit that just replaces the spring and follower without adding any length. I might just order 2 of these and just forget the +2 baseplate. It would still give her 14 total rounds with both mags but wouldn't add any length to either of them. Still debating on ordering one of these and a +2 baseplate though.

https://gallowayprecision.com/glock/g42/magguts-high-capacity-magazine-conversion-for-glock-g42/

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Was just ordering some stuff from Galloway Precision for my LCP II and found this +1 kit that just replaces the spring and follower without adding any length. I might just order 2 of these and just forget the +2 baseplate. It would still give her 14 total rounds with both mags but wouldn't add any length to either of them. Still debating on ordering one of these and a +2 baseplate though.

https://gallowayprecision.com/glock/g42/magguts-high-capacity-magazine-conversion-for-glock-g42/
Let us know how it performs. I'd be interested in getting one for my G42.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I was thinking about this last night. I wonder if one of the Galloway Precision +1 mag guts kits would work with a +2 extension to really make it a +3 extension?