Surefire BCG for Suppressed ARs

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
I found this very interesting. Looks like it was just announced at Shot Show. A BCG thats weighted but on a sliding mechanism so that the weight stays forward and increases dwell time but then when the carrier hits the buffer the weight shifts to the back, keeping it there longer. On its way back the weight decreases virtually all bolt bounce. Oh and the bolt is longer too, increasing dwell time even longer. Vid here.

It comes with the buffer and spring but I might have missed if its necessary. I think its just a 5 ounce buffer and standard spring.

@DarthVader and @Wallace and @Righter13 might appreciate this.

SKIP TO 14:05!

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
I found this very interesting. Looks like it was just announced at Shot Show. A BCG thats weighted but on a sliding mechanism so that the weight stays forward and increases dwell time but then when the carrier hits the buffer the weight shifts to the back, keeping it there longer. On its way back the weight decreases virtually all bolt bounce. Oh and the bolt is longer too, increasing dwell time even longer. Vid here.

It comes with the buffer and spring but I might have missed if its necessary. I think its just a 5 ounce buffer and standard spring.

@DarthVader and @Wallace and @Righter13 might appreciate this.

SKIP TO 14:05!

MSRP $399 for the whole kitty, BCG,Spring &Buffer

Righter13

Student of life
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Greenville SC
Zip code
Its only two additional springs and one weight. Not like they are hinges or swivels or screws...
It appears to be integral to the BCG meaning that it could come out possibly...

I just don't get a good feeling about it until I can see one in person.

Reactions: DarthVader

Leshaire

Weekend Warrior
Mar 27, 2015
Acworth
Zip code
It appears to be integral to the BCG meaning that it could come out possibly...

I just don't get a good feeling about it until I can see one in person.
Yeah but if its integral, why would they make it to where it could come out? I think its permanently inside.

DarthVader

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Henry County
Zip code
Interesting. I see a couple of design influences from the LMT enhanced carrier. And some design concepts from the Vltor A5 system. It has a modified cam pin track and carrier rails like the LMT. And the reciprocating weight is similar to the A5 buffer's internal design. But I'm with Righter on this one. The external, moving weight gives me the willies. And I'm not sure why they shortened the buffer weight? Seems like they wanted to increase the travel distance of the carrier, allowing the spring to do more "work". So I'm guessing that the spring might also be proprietary, because it would need to have a shorter length when fully compressed.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Righter13