Suppressing the FNX-Tac

Howard Law

6Bones

Hunter
Jul 3, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I've been pointed toward the Octane? What say you? I would like something I can use with my 9's and .40's too.
Thanks OD... oh, wait... Thanks SET! :pop2:

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
61293534.jpg

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Calling @lax. ... I mean @PewPewPewCo
Dammit man, let me have my clean slate.

As for the FNX, the Osprey is kind of its aesthetic partner, I also like the lower height of the osprey. The osprey does have some first round pop, but it's 10rd average is essentially the same as the Octane 45. The osprey can be shot on 9/40/45.

For a round can, the tirant 45 is the quietest, it doesn't really have first round pop and it just barely edges out the Octane 45, not that your ears will know the difference. The tirant is serviceable, but the aluminum baffles can leave you with less cleaning options. Also the baffles aren't encapsulated, so they can sometimes be difficult to remove

The Octane 45 is fully serviceable with all stainless internals, this is the can to get if you want an easy to take apart with all the cleaning options available. If you plan to shoot non jacketed cast lead rounds this is the can you want.

Lastly, the Griffin revolution 45(available through QRF) is an Octane clone, but it can be adjusted to a short and long configuration. I have no experience with the can, but I hear it's right there with the Octane, but pistons are cheaper and the extending/shortening feature is nice.

My personal favorite for semi auto pistols is the osprey 45, because i don't shoot anything but jacketed in my pistols, and I like the better sight picture.

For pistol caliber carbines I prefer my Octane45 since I often shoot lead from my 44mag rifle and it fits under handguards and has 3 lug mount for my mp5

Reactions: 6Bones

6Bones

Hunter
Jul 3, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Great info! Thanks Lax... uh, I mean PPPCo. It's too much of an investment to choose poorly.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
Great info! Thanks Lax... uh, I mean PPPCo. It's too much of an investment to choose poorly.
I would recommend joining me and other SET members at the July 18th Suppressor metering at Liberty Suppressors, there will be tons of suppressors to try out, hear, and figure out what really matters to you (pro tip: it wont be the chase for the last db or 2)