American Revival Apparel Company

dougiemac

Lord of Chaos
Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 26, 2014
North Georgia
2918.jpg

Does anyone know what I am talking about when I say the term "suicide holster". You probably do if you were military or into military gear. However my question is what is the story behind that name?

I was reading a story this morning about the Oklahoma State Trooper Charlie Hanger, who pulled Timothy McVeigh over for a missing license tag just hours after the Alfred P. Murrah Oklahoma City Bombing on April 19, 1995 *(which I was just blocks away when the bomb went off). As the story goes, McVeigh had a .45 cal Glock loaded with Black Talons seated in a suicide holster when he was pulled over. It's a very interesting read that I'd recommend as you see the side of the story that is not often told. Too often the media is fixated on the monster rather than the victims or heroes of the story.

Article: http://www.news-star.com/article/20090225/NEWS/302259941

Reactions: Woodstock
H

Hoss

We've always called them that. If you ever need to draw from it you're already dead.

Reactions: Shemp

JBum

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Mesa, AZ
Zip code
Sorry I have zero experience with those. But I have seen holster with such tight retention it racks the slide just enough to make a hammer cock and then slam back into place with the potential of firing. But what do I know I am just getting dirty doin these!?!?!?!?

20150705_140445.jpg 20150705_140603.jpg