Starting to fight the duty to notify laws

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
Looks like the battle is underway to get rid of another Ohio CCW short comings, getting rid of the duty to notify law enforcement.

Not many other states have this requirement and it doesn't really do much to help in my opinion. Not only that it seems there was never any clearly defined timeline for what is prompt, and it even caused an Canton/Akron police officer to come unhinged one day if anyone remembers that. I'll try to find the video

Ohiobellboy

Frontiersman
Feb 1, 2016
That Canton officer that went off in that video had no business being employed as a LEO. He had plenty of other incidents in his file and post employment checks found out he had issues in other jurisdictions he was employed in.

Myself, I don't see the big issue with letting LE know that I'm legally carrying in the event I get stopped and have to have a chat with them.

David (OHGO)

Tracker
Sep 29, 2016
That Canton officer that went off in that video had no business being employed as a LEO. He had plenty of other incidents in his file and post employment checks found out he had issues in other jurisdictions he was employed in.

Myself, I don't see the big issue with letting LE know that I'm legally carrying in the event I get stopped and have to have a chat with them.

yeah that guy completely came unglued. Heres the video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kassP7zI0qc?feature=oembed