Stabbings near Houston

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Yogi 117

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Salem OR
framedcraig1 said:
Guess we,'re gonna have to open boxes with our teeth now. Its the crazies... not the weapons. Gun free zones...man...
+1...Exactly. Loons are everywhere nowadays...the crazy ones choose schools & colleges! Damn, will it ever end? Yogi :-[

R

rayzer007

Yogi 117 said:
+1...Exactly. Loons are everywhere nowadays...the crazy ones choose schools & colleges! Damn, will it ever end? Yogi :-[

Some of them even teach in college! :D

Ray

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9058352

The Media always acts like nut jobs like this just landed on the planet and stepped off a flying saucer. They've been living amongst us since the dawn of time. The usual angry, loner type. With or without a record of psychiatric treatment, problems at home, and problems at school. Maybe some problems with the police. Who knows? I haven't bothered to read a whole lot about it.

For whatever reason this pale skinned, Ronald McDonald looking type decided to go whacko and cut 14 people before some other students decided to intervene. If this is a Gun Free Zone, any body other than a resource protection officer or campus police officer who had tried to do an armed intervention would have been committing a crime by carrying.

Wake up people. We have a right to protect ourselves.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I'm in Texas on a trip and, surprisingly, we saw a news broadcast that actually suggested that the incident (and others such as the theater shooting in Aurora CO and others) may not have happened if the location was not a "gun free zone".

Slowhand

Support the right to self defense.
Jun 8, 2012
Irmo, SC
SkipD said:
I'm in Texas on a trip and, surprisingly, we saw a news broadcast that actually suggested that the incident (and others such as the theater shooting in Aurora CO and others) may not have happened if the location was not a "gun free zone".

Works for me. Most of us "sane" folks, who have been around and seen a few things, realize, that we live in a very violence prone society. This lunatic had been fanaticizing doing this for years according to the police. If that extractor knife hadn't broke or had he a real blade like the fellow in China, it could have easily been dozens. The only thing that stops that sort of assault is someone with a gun.

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
Slowhand said:
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9058352

The Media always acts like nut jobs like this just landed on the planet and stepped off a flying saucer. They've been living amongst us since the dawn of time. The usual angry, loner type. With or without a record of psychiatric treatment, problems at home, and problems at school. Maybe some problems with the police. Who knows? I haven't bothered to read a whole lot about it.

For whatever reason this pale skinned, Ronald McDonald looking type decided to go whacko and cut 14 people before some other students decided to intervene. If this is a Gun Free Zone, any body other than a resource protection officer or campus police officer who had tried to do an armed intervention would have been committing a crime by carrying.

Wake up people. We have a right to protect ourselves.

They have tried unsuccessfully to get campus carry approved in TX for a few years and I think there will be another attempt this session of the legislature. You can have a weapon on Campus at many campuses. In Texas you cannot have them in a building. However, parking lots sidewalks, common areas, etc are OK. I was selling some tickets on a college campus about 5 years ago and was asked for an ID by Campus police. I gave them my TX DL and my CHL which is required in TX. The young cops eyes got real big when I handed him the CHL. He handed the CHL to his older partner and the partner said, "Your carrying right now?" Yep! Checked me out and let me go on my way. I called the Campus police chief the next day and he confirmed that only illegal in buildings. Some campuses have resorted to posting a legal sign for no carry at the entrances to parking lots and campus property. That would make it illegal to carry in the parking lot because of a legal no carry sign.

mayonardo

What Would Paladin Do?
The Colorado Supreme Court ruled against the Colorado University Board of Regents who had passed regulations prohibiting legal concealed carry on the campuses across the state. Students brought the suit and won. The court said the legislature did not intend for the Regents, or any other body, to have the power to nullify state statutes. Not only that, but the University cannot even ask if a person is carrying. None of their business.

Now, I am a native Texan and proud of it, but we Coloradans seem more concerned with personal liberty than my home state. Too bad.

Mayonardo
iPad & Tapatalk