SR40c vs SR9c

Faktory 47

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Well I am hopfully a week or 2 away from a purchase. By the subject you see what I am after. I was head strong on the SR40c until I read a few articles and this one from Rob Pincus stating "Being Wrong is Important... and, Admitting It is too!" I am thinking about reversing my .40 to the 9 because I do have the Hi-Point c9 I purchased a short time ago for a backup truck gun and it would make sense to stay with the 9 for that reason as well. Rob Pincus gave a darn good argument when Pincus said that having that extra 9 shell over the size of the .40 is actually better did me in. Looking like I may be changing to the 9.

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
I have the sr40c. Love it! My decision was based on: 1 . I already owned the lc9
2. I wanted a. 40 s&w. Would i buy the sr9c...YES! Cheaper ammo yes. Go for it! I do like the added stopping power the. 50 affords.

R

rayzer007

I choose a Kahr 9 over the 40, and I'm not sorry.
Ray

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
framedcraig1 said:
I have the sr40c. Love it! My decision was based on: 1 . I already owned the lc9
2. I wanted a. 40 s&w. Would i buy the sr9c...YES! Cheaper ammo yes. Go for it! I do like the added stopping power the. 50 affords.

I love the .40 too, but I am going for a carry pistol first, it makes sense have to the extra rounds. I can get the .40 next year.

WAcarry

Hunter
Jun 22, 2012
WA State
Go buy it and a bunch of ammo and let us know how she shoots. Pictures are always good. We never get tired of looking at guns.

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
WAcarry said:
Go buy it and a bunch of ammo and let us know how she shoots. Pictures are always good. We never get tired of looking at guns.

I have to get a small loan to get my roof fixed anyways so what is an extra $399.00 gonna hurt. Not sure if I can get there tonight but tomorrow for sure. Its time. :D

RugerRon60

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2012
Mohican Country Ohio
Got it home, did the inaugural cleaning, wasn’t that bad, think the plastic case had more oil in it than the gun. I was surprised how stiff the mag springs are. Does make it a little hard with my right hand missing 3 fingers but I was able to deal with it. Hope they loosen up a bit. Beside that I love this gun. I can’t wait to get it to my sons tomorrow and put a hundred blazer brass and a bos of Speer GD’s through it. Oh yeah it’s a grey dot! I haven’t shot it yet but I think it is jumping up to my favorite. The cheap holster I got form ready holster works great and will do for now. Of course I will have to get a few more for it. I feel like a kid that just scored on a ton of candy! I will give a range report in a day or two. Make 3 Rugers to the family. LCP, SR22PB and now the SR9c. As Hickok45 would say: “life is good.”

R

rayzer007

Congrats Ron. It's a great gun, in every respect. Shooting it will break it in nicely.
Ray

framedcraig1

no fear...Ruger is here.
Jun 8, 2012
Mapleton,ut
Way to go RugerRon 60!!. get a speedloader for that SR. I would have a DIFFICULT TIME. loading the dual stack mag on my SR 40C without one. You will love this pistol!