Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
20170317_112049.jpg u 20170317_112031.jpg I just got a Standard M1A with OD Green stock. Guy said he had put about 30 rounds down range thru it and I believe him. Is there anything special I need to do or know before I go out and shoot the snot our of it. It appears to have grease on the op rod area and I will add some more before I take it out. I know they don't suppress well, so I'm going to be making some noise with this one. I have LR308's and 308 bolt guns, so I'm not worried about recoil issues. Any suggestions or things to watch out for will be appreciated.

Last edited:

echo26

Goose Flipper
Nov 5, 2015
Canton
You have a POS. As a friend and only because I'm a friend I'll take it off your hands and try to unload it elsewhere. Why???? Because, I'm just that kind of guy. I've a stuffed Goose that members are fighting over. I can throw in a dozen eggs and a Walther PPS in 40 caliber.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
I got the eggs covered as we have 3 back yard hens; but thanks for the offer.;) I got the gun and 2.5 boxes of ammo for a good price. Just wondering if there is anything special or to watch out for first time out (brass or steel cased ammo) with me? Feels like a solid weapon and looks like it needs some powder therapy like its owner. Also, what kind of sling do these need to make them easier to shoot?

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
Ok, I field stripped it (pretty easy I might add) and cleaned it up. I greased everywhere it should be greased with SlipStream. Knocked the sharp edges off the plastic stock of 2000 grit sandpaper. Anything else I need to do before I go shoot it? Also, it only came with a 10 round mag. Are they all the same or do I need the expensive Springfield ones?

roadsignmcclanahan

Riding this shit show straight to hell
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
Ok, I field stripped it (pretty easy I might add) and cleaned it up. I greased everywhere it should be greased with SlipStream. Knocked the sharp edges off the plastic stock of 2000 grit sandpaper. Anything else I need to do before I go shoot it? Also, it only came with a 10 round mag. Are they all the same or do I need the expensive Springfield ones?
With my M1A never had problems with any ammo I put through it. I bought a couple of these:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/mil-spec-m14-m1a-magazine-20-rounds?a=148200
They seemed to work just fine. But when I got mine, Springfield was doing a 3 mag giveaway with purchase. To be honest couldn't tell the difference in them. Sling wise, I used a specter gear 2 point. Which I think it still laying around...my M1A is long gone.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
My old Socom 16 ran like a champ with everything I fed it. Never had a single issue. I miss that gun..... Take that puppy out blast the hell out of something!

Balthaz

Gone In 60 Seconds
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Dallas Ga.
Zip code
Same as everyone else, my M1A has fed everything I have put through it.
I just Put Grease on the parts that need it and oil on the other parts and let her rip.
My M1A is one I have had for a long time and do not plan on getting rid of it.
I go through guns real fast sometimes I get Antsy on wanting something else but the M1A has always stayed in my collection.

Allsmiles

Frontiersman
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Mar 15, 2017
Golfcart City, GA
Zip code
With my M1A never had problems with any ammo I put through it. I bought a couple of these:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/mil-spec-m14-m1a-magazine-20-rounds?a=148200
They seemed to work just fine. But when I got mine, Springfield was doing a 3 mag giveaway with purchase. To be honest couldn't tell the difference in them. Sling wise, I used a specter gear 2 point. Which I think it still laying around...my M1A is long gone.

Thanks for the link, that's what I'm looking for price wise. Would the black web AR15 slings work ok? I only ask because I have several still unused sitting in my AR build stuff.