Spikes 9mm Buffer Issues?

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Here’s a quick rundown of everything I’m using, which I should’ve put in the first post, haha.

Spikes 9mm Glock Lower
Spikes Upper (standard 556)
Spikes 8.3” Barrel
Spikes BCG
Spikes ST9X Buffer
Wolff XP Carbine Spring
KAK Shockwave Buffer Tube
Spikes “Milspec Trigger”
KAK Micro Flash Can
Midwest Industries 9.25” Handguard

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
Here’s a crappy cell phone pic to shot just how close it is to clearing the bolt catch. It’s right one the edge.

19E9f8b.jpg

Reactions: Rwjeter

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
So really the only difference is the KAK extended buffer which, from what Kurt from KAK said, is a tad shorter. That may be be solution. Or just file down the bumper on the once I’ve got.
I don’t have a KAK blade buffer on my pistol though. So there might be a little difference there as well.

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
I don’t have a KAK blade buffer on my pistol though. So there might be a little difference there as well.

Gotcha, I must’ve misread your post. I did measure the inside of my KAK tube last night and it’s 7” on the dot from the back of the tube to the buffer retainer. I think that’s what a standard Carbine tube is supposed to be.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Gotcha, I must’ve misread your post. I did measure the inside of my KAK tube last night and it’s 7” on the dot from the back of the tube to the buffer retainer. I think that’s what a standard Carbine tube is supposed to be.
I’ll measure that as well when I get home. I figure it probably is pretty standard across the board. Just really the buffer length.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
That was supposed to say buffer tube. I do have the KAK buffer. Sorry.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
@NolansMindset the buffer is 4”, the tube is 7” deep, And I probably have 3/8” travel past the bolt stop.Hard to tell because I run a gas deflector and short port door. It kind of blocks the view.

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
@NolansMindset the buffer is 4”, the tube is 7” deep, And I probably have 3/8” travel past the bolt stop.Hard to tell because I run a gas deflector and short port door. It kind of blocks the view.

Hey thanks @Rwjeter ........ I just pulled mine apart and put the calipers on it and it came to 4.10.

Now another thing I noticed that I don't know if it right is the weight in the BCG itself. It actually protrudes slightly past the end of the BCG. Is that normal or should it sit flush? Now im talking maybe a 1/16" or less but its still not flush. Just an observation.

Rwjeter

Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
Hey thanks @Rwjeter ........ I just pulled mine apart and put the calipers on it and it came to 4.10.

Now another thing I noticed that I don't know if it right is the weight in the BCG itself. It actually protrudes slightly past the end of the BCG. Is that normal or should it sit flush? Now im talking maybe a 1/16" or less but its still not flush. Just an observation.
Give me a few and I’ll pull the bolt and measure it too.

NolansMindset

Woodsman
Dec 13, 2016
Indiana
Zip code
FIXED!!! I finally said screw it, got out the hacksaw and cut off a little sliver of the buffer bumper. It now locks back as you can see in the pic and it only travels about an 1/8” or so past the bolt catch. To say I’m stoked would be an understatement! Thank you all for the suggestions and help! It’s greatly appreciated!

Zt7NLrI.jpg